Converting CJ maps for NOLF2

Caip

I've got a question for our geeks biggrin.gif

Is it possible to convert Contract JACK maps to use them for NOLF2?

Actually it should be...just some editing (weapons and snowmobiles) and then use them for NOLF2.

They use the same engine and shiz...so...any idea...anyone?! unsure.gif

I'll have to pester Spawn and his friends about this one. I know he converted his custom map SpaceStation from a CJ map to work as a NOLF2 one too. I'd love to play that roman ruins map in NOLF2 DM. I really really wish the CJ mods could work with NOLF2, I love that jetpack!

And I'd LOOOOOOVE to be able to play Demolition in NOLF2 one of those days. C'mon, Pegasus team! tongue.gif After all, the C4 charges and "bombable" (© and Wikky) crates already exist in NOLF2. There has to be a way! *starts praying*

Well, they are pretty much the same files. All that is really needed is adjusting spawning points which can be done fast. So, open the source files (or the .lta or .ltc files which are DEdit files) in Nolf2's DEdit and simply change the spawn points of vehicles and weapons. Although, I'm not sure where to get a de-compiler (if possible) or some sort and whether you need permission from the developers of the game (for non-custom maps)...

Or, you can (a bit weird though; weapons will not all work with the ammo given) just copy all the CJ map files into Nolf2's Custom\Resources folder (btw, also works other way around too) and that's it. I tried it when the Pegasus mod was released. I played through the custom maps that were designed for CJ and played them in Nolf2, but some of the pickups don't work...

ya would sum1 wanna take like...a day or 2 to edit ever single CJ map and turn them into nolf2?...that would be a really cool mappack...

and neo...dont forget u have to change weapons too wink.gif

You'll need the source LTA files to alter a map, such as adding weapons, etc

However, you can play most of the maps without any problem, but there will be no tags, kitties, rocketlauncher.. Some textures might be missing too, but most of them are the same in both games..

Mods is a different story, for instance.. the jetpack in the pegasus mod won't work in nolf2, neither would AIs (bots)

Another known issue is the characters.. they jump a lot higher in CJ!

that might cause a few problems with staircases, boxes that you can jump on to etc..

Why not do it the easy way and play CJ? hehe biggrin.gif

lol...cuz CJ umm...doesnt have tags...thats the only bad thing about it...

i fell in love with tags...but also in nolf1...

i fell in love with the corrector and the fast gameplay and jumping...

so i dunno...

if CJ had tags...i think i would never have left it...

Yeah, I agree.. Cj could have had a few tags too.. The good thing is that the corrector from nolf1 is readded in CJ smile.gif

But as I mentioned, you can play most of the CJ maps in nolf2, but without tags such as bananas,kitties & beartraps and a few weapons.

It's possible, very easy way, just copy "game.rez" file from CJ folder to NOLF2/Custom/Resources folder.

2813[/snapback]

Yep. that will replace the missing textures in the CJ maps, it won't add tags to the maps, and you'll be able to play them.. but with missing weapons and without tags

however if you use CJ's game.rez as a mod.. then nolf2 will be CJ.. You'll have the weapons,sounds,menu,loadingscreen etc.. but that will also replace Nolf2's object.lto with CJ's object lto.. and the tags will be disabled in all of the maps.

Since the nolf2 is basically running as Cj but can be hosted as nolf2 servers cool.gif

You can also combine several files in a mod, but many of them won't work with nolf2's engine, such as the pegasus mod sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
And I'd LOOOOOOVE to be able to play Demolition in NOLF2 one of those days. C'mon, Pegasus team! tongue.gif After all, the C4 charges and "bombable" (© and Wikky) crates already exist in NOLF2. There has to be a way! *starts praying*

2673[/snapback]

ehm?

there already is a demolition mod for nolf2 mellow.gif

Oh, you must mean the map/mod Demolition...

On CJ, Demolition is the counter-strike-like gametype- more than one map (makes it easier to design for mappers I assume).

btw, it's not just bananas, what about the sleep 'nades, the bear traps, tranq/darts, and glue bomb? Bananas/Beartraps (cats too) add more to the overall strategy of one of the most popular gametypes: Doomsday.

Yeah yeah. smile.gif

And that's true, there's a Demolition mod for NOLF2. I always wondered if we could develop more Dem maps for NOLF2 and maybe try to put a server online. The map that comes with the NOLF2 dev pack is great, but well, we'd need at least a few more. I've spent one whole year trying to find mappers that would like to create Dem maps... This is a call! 1eye.gif

Oh, you must mean the map/mod Demolition...

On CJ, Demolition is the counter-strike-like gametype- more than one map (makes it easier to design for mappers I assume).

btw, it's not just bananas, what about the sleep 'nades, the bear traps, tranq/darts, and glue bomb? Bananas/Beartraps (cats too) add more to the overall strategy of one of the most popular gametypes: Doomsday

4047[/snapback]

Demolition is a better looking map because half the map is not mirrored for balance. You have twice as much detail to add. All you have to do in Doomsday (AM in Nolf1) is to take half a map and mirror it. It's actually easier to make a DD map.

A kitty is just a kind of proxy mine with an animation. Bananas and bear traps are just another proxy mine that does no damage, just an animation for the player. They should be pretty easy to add to CJ assuming all the other stuff in code and txt files are still there. Running a search for banana in the attributes file showed me only two files were different than Nolf2, so I believe modifying the weapons.txt and the MP_Weapon.txt file might be all you needed. The idea of a proxy mine (proximity mine) in CJ like Nolf1 might be interesting. I hated those mines that were too small to see though. The kitty should be easy to implement. Maybe you can talk BA into adding it to Pegasus. smile.gif

Than again, maybe not...

We're from HARM!!! We don't play with kittys. We're hard-core... wink.gif