I get dibs on his cave!

Keep on trying Goo, maybe one day RXS will have the sniffles, and not have to come on here and make ya look bad :D.

Take a link...make one instance a fact covering the whole topic. Gotta do better then that. Thats why RXS, GDI, and I are succesfull American businessmen, and you ask people if the "hard booted" their computer in Dublin. We back the winning team ;).

RXS, I made a comparison, so showing the numbers for only one side of that comparison doesn't really say much... Your quote shows a total of about 4.4 billion for oil for food. It's hard to find totals for current corruption (most reports are basically long lists like this or this, but estimates start at about 8.8 billion, going up to 500 billion... Iraq is a "free fraud zone". Any way, most reports contain phrases like 'the biggest corruption scandal in

history' and if there is a comparison with oil for food, the word 'dwarfs' tends to be used. Think about it - the total cost of Iraq is counting in trillions, and the situation is basically the same as before the war...

No doubt there is opportunity for corruption in the "wild west of Iraq".

Here is where I make a critical distinction between the two:

A.) Kofi Annan and senior ranking UN officials willingly partcipated and endorsed OFFP corruption durring a time of UN sanctions against Iraq. They knew that the money was being used to rebuild Saddam's military and it is commonly thought that the money was also being used to fund local and Palestinian terrorism cells. Keep in mind that Iraq's government was being punished, not rebuilt. Also, don't forget that several countries, France, Germany and Russia, to name a couple, were actively violating UN sanctions. The $ figures for this corruption is not included in the OFFP scandal. I would expect the number to be much higher if you include these figures. More on UN corruption can be found here

B.) Iraq is currently being rebuilt, not economicaly sanctioned as it was before. As with most business markets, there is a little greasing of the pockets so to speak. That is not to say that it is endorsed, but rather a fact of business. There's a lot of independent and private business's trying to take advantage of this opportunity.

Without oversite, one can imagine that a lot of "favors" are being done in exchange for compensation.

yeah, France SUX! hahahahahaha (shhh I do like Kronenburg 1664, omg don't tell anyone)

My take... get ready its Val-iscious....

Name one government that isn't corrupt...

Name one politician that I have met that doesn’t want to get in my pants...

Name one person on the PLANET that wants to make a difference without their own agenda...

I sooooooooooooooooo want to meet this person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

(ok ok all of us smarties should have our own community that includes no outsiders, but the community will all have to learn NOLF and FEAR so that we can have uber fun LAN parties!!!)

sidenote: my nephews and phant and me gamed LAN style one night over spring break.... it was gaming till the weeeee hours of the morning and the most fun EVER....

no need to make decisions now... just think... think about it....

Ah, what you're talking about is a bit like an anarchist community, in fact.

It took me a while to figure out why you were talking about NOLF in the serious discussion forum, but after all, if it's to make propositions like this, feel free to go on, it's fun. Oh, feel also free to avoid off-topic insults.

Yeah, that was a little harsh... I like a lot of French things, personally. Just off the top of my head:

1. Foster's Ale

2. Thousand Island dressing

3. Nik Kershaw

4. Depeche Mode

5. Those flip-down shade thingys that clip onto eyeglassess

6. Cheese Danish

7. Shepherd's Pie

8. Stargate SG-1

9. Shish-kebabs

10. Vans shoes

Ah, very interesting, once more, completely on-topic and I must admit I nearly DIED laughing. Such a sense of humour deserves all my respect. Sincerely. Finding anti-french stupidities in a topic about the war in Iraq is almost as surprising as finding earthworms while digging a grave, so, I'm used to it. Reading an INTERESTING post from you would be the real surprise, but I stopped worshipping any god a while back so I guess I'l keep on hoping in vain.

Cool it with the insults to Genesis and his native country. It's not funny and has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.

I wasn't mocking him...truly currious if he is a native of France.

Yep, I'm 100% french, some friends of mine are 100% american, and yet we can get along together. :) Sorry if my previous post was a bit agressive, Phant and Val.