Sign in to follow this  
Cheese Puff

Trouble with anti cheat fix for euro server

I have downloaded the expfix.rez file and placed in ...custom\Mods folder but still cannot choose the setting.

Any ideas please??

Thanks

you need to place it like this: ...custom/mods/expfix/expfix.rez

Thanks Sasser

I am now one step closer, I can choose the expfix mod and get as far as viewing the server. However when I join I am told I "the server is running a different version of the mod" - as a check i couldnt enter any other servers as "server is running a different version"

I downloaded from Unity earlier and was the only anti cheat mod I could see.

Let's start an FAQ/info for mods in general :)

This includes common problems I or others have had:

Does my mod have to match the server mod?

Yes. You may join games on servers running your active mod only.

The game does not load the mod correctly.

Check the number of .rez files. If you have more than 6 in your Custom\Resources folder, you may have to move some out. The easiest way may be cutting a .rez file and pasting it one directory up (Custom folder). Keep in mind, you must move it back if you wish to play that map(pack) later.

How do I deactivate a mod?

Exit any active games, start the Nolf2 launcher. Click Custom, click the mod you were using to uncheck it. Click ok. You may now go and start a regular game of nolf2.

Can I play a mod and custom maps?

As long as a mod allows it (most do). Be sure to have no more than 6 .rez files in your Custom\Resources folder.

And while we're on the subject of .rez files:

Custom skin file users:

Where do I place custom skin files?

In your main Nolf2 directory.

How do I activate custom skins?

In the Nolf2 launcher, click Options.

In the Comman-Line field type something like this:

-REZ Your_skin_file_here.REZ

Click on 'Always pass command line arguments to the game'

Click ok.

Can I use more than one custom skin file?

Yes, the next entries only overwrite similar changes from the first.

I seem to be kicked or banned from games in general:

Remove any extra skin files from your entries and test which is causing a problem.

OK

I only have two .rez flies in my custom folder - unitymappack, and expfix. There are however 6 .rez files in the main NoOneLivesForever folder (wouldn't know which ones could be removed)

I am able to choose the expfix mod, and able to get as far as seeing who is in the game server. However whn trying to join I have the wrong version.

my file does not say v1-2 just expfix.rez - is this correct for euro server - from download files it was anti cheat fix updated 2/8/06.

If there are any more ideas please

If I cant get this working I guess you will have to take me off roster for veterans v youngsters

There are 4 different anti cheat fixes:

- DxFix

- NOLF 2 Exploit Fix v1.0

- NOLF 2 Exploit Fix v1.1

- NOLF 2 Exploit Fix v1.2

Download this: Anti_Cheat.zip

All fixes are included - Hope this helps - I think the one you need are either DxFix or NOLF 2 Exploit Fix v1.2 just try :)

Thanks again Sasser

I have replaced the file and will check it works, however the server has gone for now.

So will let you know

Cheers

OK

I only have two .rez flies in my custom folder - unitymappack, and expfix. There are however 6 .rez files in the main NoOneLivesForever folder (wouldn't know which ones could be removed)

I am able to choose the expfix mod, and able to get as far as seeing who is in the game server. However whn trying to join I have the wrong version.

my file does not say v1-2 just expfix.rez - is this correct for euro server - from download files it was anti cheat fix updated 2/8/06.

If there are any more ideas please

If I cant get this working I guess you will have to take me off roster for veterans v youngsters

Thanks again Sasser

I have replaced the file and will check it works, however the server has gone for now.

So will let you know

Cheers

Sorry about that I was working on the euro box last night. All you need though is the anti-cheat files from our downloads (as it is what is running on the anti-cheat servers)

Rats - still not working!

Not sure what to try next :(

cheers e1

I have checked this - and in fact reminds me I have in the past managed to use dxfix for that type of server.

It has been metioned that you should not have more than 6 .rez files - is this with regard to "custom" folder, as I have the following in main folder:

engine.rez

game2.rez

game.rez

gamedll.rez

sound.rez

update_v1x3.rez

I have in past run dxfix and amod modes successfully, so really not sure why i am having trouble this time.

Be sure to have the filename in big letters

(or is this not important?)

custom\mods

make sure it's in the mods folder

cheers e1

I have checked this - and in fact reminds me I have in the past managed to use dxfix for that type of server.

It has been metioned that you should not have more than 6 .rez files - is this with regard to "custom" folder, as I have the following in main folder:

engine.rez

game2.rez

game.rez

gamedll.rez

sound.rez

update_v1x3.rez

I have in past run dxfix and amod modes successfully, so really not sure why i am having trouble this time.

Don't touch those, those are required to play.

The .rez limit only applies to the contents of the Resources folder that is within the Custom folder. These are map files or mappacks (btw, you can have as many mods as you like).

Let's do this from the start:

You downloaded the file. Found ExpFix-v1-2.REZ.

You opened the Nolf2 directory.

Open the Custom folder.

Open the Mods folder.

Make a new folder called exactly this: ExpFix-v1-2

Now, cut the ExpFix-v1-2.REZ file.

Then paste it to the ExpFix-v1-2 folder you just created.

Now it should be ready for activation and play.

Activation->Click the Custom button that should now be found under the Play button just before starting Nolf2. Look for ExpFix-v1-2. Click it to place a checkmark on the checkbox next to it. Click OK. Start!

Wow Sasser

Thankyou for taking the time to do this.

It has worked - the problem was I named the folder in Mods - "EXPFIX"

I changed this to "ExpFix-v1-2" and it worked.

I hope this will help anyone else trying to get into the server - the folder name has to be precise.

Thanks for everyones help