What's wrong with Euro server

IPB Image

Alright, this started on saturday or monday, I was unable to play that night because of this weird problem, other players kept joining to euro, but I couldn't, everytime I tried to connect to the server it said: "Server is not Responding".

Next day I tried it out if I was able to join euro, well I was able, but my ping there was 90 - 110 (my normal ping is 65 - 70), so I didn't play because of that.

Today I tried it one more time if it finally worked, but it didn't, my ping was changin' in 160, which is even higher than my normal SFI server ping (=128)

Other servers are working normally now

So I don't get it

For now on, I can't play in euro

I guess my ping tomorrow is over 200... :huh:

I'm startin to miss the ping of 60s - 70s B)

Awww, poor guy has a bad ping in the Euro server! :'( Welcome to the club! Sorry, Bronze, I'm not really trying to be mean, but it's hard to be sympathetic when your "bad" ping is better than my *best* ping on that server. No, seriously, good luck.

Server is operating as it usually does. I would check with your ISP if you are having high ping problems on a server close to you. Also check to see what other programs you have running in the background on your PC as they can affect your ping as well.

hm, well in this case I believe the reason is to be searched somewhere else, cause all germans for example have those jumping pings on euroserver sometimes (not always), mine is usually around 60 but especially in the late afternoon till early evening in europe, usually from around 6 o'clock to 8 o'clock the pings start to jump from 60 up to 140 (for me and for the germans with higher normal pings then mine even higher). Furthermore the pings don't freeze at a certain value like 120 or something, what would be ok to play with too, but the ping constantly changes even during a gunfight, what makes aiming very difficult, cause you can't keep an eye on your ping every second during the game :P. But on the other hand, i didn't have issues like bronzé, who can't enter the game cause server is not responding or something like this.

Strange, cause every gamer from other countries has changeless ping, from poland, sweden, UK, belgium, holland and so on, but only germany has those jumping pings + Bronzé, lol :lol:

(Heheheh Natter!)

Well I also have had awful problems in the euro server lately; jumping ping! It goes from it's usual 35; sometimes to as high as 1200! It's as Sugly mentioned, constantly changing...so difficult to play. :(

This makes me very sad because the Euro is my favourite server.

I have done all the obvious things such as turning off everything running on my computer. I even turned off my msn! :o Desperate measures indeed!

Ohhhh and I went and played in SFI server and there had my usual and stable ping of 140! No problems with or without msn on...

So I wondered is it something to do with the server. The euro server was always so good for me to play in up until a couple of weeks ago and I'd love to experience that ping again! :rolleyes:

Thankyou....

:bye: Cel

I rebooted the box it's on today just in case so let me know how it is for you now.

Ohhh I wonder if that did the trick! :) I played this evening and for the first time in ages my ping stayed stable!!

I really enjoyed my game this evening! :D Yayaayyaya!!

Thanks very much!! :D

:static: Cel

Ohhh I wonder if that did the trick! :) I played this evening and for the first time in ages my ping stayed stable!!

I really enjoyed my game this evening! :D Yayaayyaya!!

Thanks very much!! :D

:static: Cel

Me bad I should have rebooted it sooner the server had been up for over 21 days :blink: 24/7 glad it's better now

Ahh, Yeah I see

Well, my ping isn't so much better, it's still 100 - 120 (with no other programs on)

But ty anyway E1 and others, I hope it helped, I don't know what else I could do to get it better.

Just gotta take one day at a time and hope that it'll change back to stable.

Ahh, Yeah I see

Well, my ping isn't so much better, it's still 100 - 120 (with no other programs on)

But ty anyway E1 and others, I hope it helped, I don't know what else I could do to get it better.

Just gotta take one day at a time and hope that it'll change back to stable.

do a traceroute to the euro server and post the results. I'm curious to see the ms response at each hop till you reach the server.

to do a traceroute open a command window (for Windows XP and 2000 pro) and type in tracert 195.20.109.80

It will then display the hops it takes untill you reach the server. I suspect there is a bad hop between you and the server which is causing your higher latency (ping)

Alright, I think I got that (hopefully I know how to do it), but I'm gonna try to do that.

I'm not quite sure where the "command window" is? I'm tryin' to think it in finnish and where could it be :P is the "Command Window" the place where you see for example the Applications, Prosesses, Performance, Networking and Users (you get it by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL) hmm, is that the Command Window?? :unsure:

No Bronze, to get the command prompt use: Start, All Programs, Accesessories, Command Prompt...................an MS pop up will appear with the command prompt in it. then type the tracert 195.20.109.80 at that prompt.

lol, I was totally in the woods when I was searching that Command Window ^^

I thanked you already via msn Bel, but I do it again

Ty :)

now I know where it is

ah, this thing with the "command window" reminds me of another problem i'm having at the moment: everytime i try to open this "command window" by typing in "cmd" or another command that should open the "command window" (start ----> execute..) it stays blank and says "program doesn't react" (or something like this ) or it shows some data for less than a second and then disappears :o . I tried it on my laptop and there it's working fine, but i have no idea, why it doesn't work with my normal pc, any ideas?

Well I see hop 6 timed out and after that you have a high latency (the ms responses) you should forward that on to you ISP as well cause the high ms responses is why you end up with such a high ping.

I see, maybe, but I just played nolf like 1,5hours. and it went well; first 10 - 15 minutes my ping was normal again :D, but then it jumped up again, and it started to jump between 60 - 150, but during last 2 maps it jumped only between 80 - 120, so I think this problem will come to an end soon, it is starting to be stable again, at least I hope so.