Dick Cheney

You know, actually Cheney has some valid points. In fact there still is a slight difference between "western democracies" and "eastern (russian) democracy". A country with limited freedom of the press is no real democracy in my opinion and many others think like me, I suppose.

I doubt you know alot about the history of Russia or political systems in general - otherwise your reaction to Cheney's words are utterly inapprehensible.

You really think censoring the press is cool? You really think restraining freedom is good?

Golly, they've done a pretty good job on you :mellow:

And just for the record: obviously I do know it better :P

A choice between freedom and morals? So it is a bad thing to have gay people living in your country but a good thing to have limited rights? You prefer not having the right to utter your opinion over "high moral standarts" (irony)? Wow, you would not have seen it coming back in the 30s...

ps.: gay marriage is allowed in several countries, which is a good thing as it proves there are more open minded people living on this planet than ignorant and unschooled people like you.

This thread is raising more questions than answers. What is too much press freedom? How does that lead to gay parades? Aren't those better than dreary parades anyway? Is freedom not moral? Where do you keep those unconscious people? And how do you keep them from smelling? :huh::huh::P:P:huh::huh:

If my children were gay I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Oh and I really doubt people become gay, because gay marriage isn't prohibited :lol2:

But Goo, you have a good point there. I mean...how do we keep them from smelling? :huh:

Hm...actually I meant what I posted earlier and as you don't know me at all, your forcefully exclaimed "Liar" Liar! Liar! Liar!" is nothing but hot air.

Maybe you are unsure about your own sexual orientation and that's why you act this way ;)

Maybe you are unsure about your own sexual orientation and that's why you act this way

And what's the link?

Well, I just uttered that maybe you are not sure about your sexual orientation, but as you have been taught that being homosexual is something bad, you try to push homosexuality as far away from you as possible...

Oh and I really doubt people become gay, because gay marriage isn't prohibited

And here you do not see the link?

No...enlighten me!

So you say that homosexuality should be forbidden by law?

Why? That would restrict the rights of gay people who would not be able to lead their lifes like they want to anymore.

Maybe you are unsure about your own sexual orientation and that's why you act this way ;)

I'm staying out of this argument out of respect for some friends I have on the other side of the issue. However, I must interject this one little bit -- the "You don't like gays? You must be gay!" argument that proponents of the gay lifestyle throw out at the slightest provocation is utterly facile. And juvenile. You might as well throw in a "I know you are, but what am I?" for all the effectiveness that argument has.