Silent Hill

I can't really recommend the movie - although I liked it - visually it was a very nightmarish movie. The first time the movie transitioned to...whatever was the best part. Makes me want to try out the video games.

I had seen the director's last movie "The Brotherhood of the Wolf", and enjoyed that one in parts as well - it certainly defied categorization.

Going back a few years further one other movie that suprised me in the direction it went was "The Hidden"

I can't really recommend the movie - although I liked it - visually it was a very nightmarish movie.

What do you mean by that -- that only real horror fans will enjoy it? I've really been looking forward to it -- and I now have an interest in the games, too.

Independent' date='Apr 22 2006, 12:55 PM' post='53175']

What do you mean by that -- that only real horror fans will enjoy it? I've really been looking forward to it -- and I now have an interest in the games, too.

Yeah I didn't explain it very well :rolleyes: RottenTomatoes critic average gives it only 29% so not for mainstream audiences by any stretch. My wife was not interested at all in seeing it.

I think the fans of really gory horror movies (Saw, Hostel, etc.) won't find enough of it to satisfy them.

However I liked the set-up of the film and the atmosphere developed was great. If the games developed that part more and gave a little more backstory on all the weird stuff going on that would make for a very entertaining/frightening experience :o

I can't really recommend the movie - although I liked it - visually it was a very nightmarish movie. The first time the movie transitioned to...whatever was the best part. Makes me want to try out the video games.

I think the fans of really gory horror movies (Saw, Hostel, etc.) won't find enough of it to satisfy them.

However I liked the set-up of the film and the atmosphere developed was great. If the games developed that part more and gave a little more backstory on all the weird stuff going on that would make for a very entertaining/frightening experience :o

I heared about the movie and prolly will give it a chance. Not out here though. I do own Silent Hill 2+3 (SH 1 with an interesting storyline line isn't out for PC as far as I know). I didn't enjoy the games too much I must say. Mainly dark, rotten and abandoned places with some sudden grotesque monsters that you have to bash a lot. Very few adventure elements. Some locations change when you enter a room and leave it again (so does your inventory sometimes).

The games are mainly a play with memories and reality. I reckon one could make a good movie out of this - the reviews of the movie don't sound like this though.