The Euro Server, how it will effect the game

[FF5]Knix

I don't see this situation changing if left to its own accord. While a couple have voiced they are willing to alternate servers, the overwhelming silence on the Euro end suggests they are unwilling to fairly rotate between servers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E1 was against the server rotation idea because it would amount to paying for 2 servers full time, but only using them half the time. If the NA server is going to sit empty all the time (as it now does), isn't she paying for 2 servers, and only getting use out of 1 anyway?

A few people have said that they go to the server where the most people are playing...if it's the NA servers they go there blah blah blah. They have no problem playing in the NA server if that's where the game is blah blah blah. The newness of the Euro server will soon where off and we'll play wherever the game is blah blah blah. Well, yesterday evening and this morning a few were playing on the NA server....and every single Euro that joined either asked the question "what the heck are we playing here for?" or "lets go to the Euro server" (with the exception of ONYX). Wrecks the game.

For the first time in three months I had a short lived breath of fresh air...I got to play three games with an 89 ping instead of a 189 ping!

I have seen Onyx put down his sniper rifle and roam the halls of Antarctic pwning and I thought that was cool.

A level balanced set of comments Phant.

I don't want to appear argumentative, but I don't go pawning, I like to try and live up to my sig.

I know what your post was generaly trying to say, but I just wanted to make this point. :)

player setup , where you put ur name try ...diffrent bandwidths theres custom

bandwidth too you can try any number you like i find wit my

cable connection ,a low dsl bandwidth works good 4 me my ping is 86-92 wen my bandwidth was on

cable my ping was the same but it was unplayable i thought it was for hosting only but

it seem to make a big diff to me..dunno

try it out :unsure:

I played today and had the most annoying round in my life.

The combination of lagg and annoying euro rockets noobs has made me go insane.

I refuse to play in the euro server from now on.

This statement makes me personaly very very sad :'(

• 3 weeks later...

Everytime I play in the US server people ask me why I'm not playing in the euro server...

Here is my answer: Although I'm from germany and have a low ping in the euro server (like 70) and a high ping in the US server (about 160) I'm not used to that low ping!! :blink: I can't kill anyone in the euro server <_< In the US server it's much better: i shoot where i always shot and get my normal score. In the euro server when i kill like 10 people that's much for me :D

So come and play in the US server again ;)

lol. i've finally started doing well in the euro server. getting a high score is alot of work in the euro server. sadly, i bloody stink now in the american server. :(

i do agree with natter & sasser. i have noticed scores in general are much lower in the euro server. this goes for american & euro players. regardless of ping, our playing habits have more of an impact on how well we play.

I use to play in the euro server alot. I always had to play with a ping of 180 some time ago.. and i think its just fair that the pings changed a bit now!

And the ping difference on the euro server isnt as high as on the american servers ;)

Handling a high ping is a question of practise ... and thats what i dont have atm :)

Finally most people will join server with most people in it i think.. but when i play its always the euro server. Some euro players still prefer their old high pings but that doesnt mean that the euro server is a bad thing which is killing nolf or somthing! - It is the reason why there are so many new euro nolfers :wooo:

Today and yesterday I had a jumping ping (90-170) in the Euro server and 230-240 in the SFI server. Usually I have 70 in Euro and 170 in SFI... Obviously all Germans do have ping problems these days. Is this a problem with the German providers or the servers? :blink:

Today and yesterday I had a jumping ping (90-170) in the Euro server and 230-240 in the SFI server. Usually I have 70 in Euro and 170 in SFI... Obviously all Germans do have ping problems these days. Is this a problem with the German providers or the servers? :blink:

The servers are running like they normally do so I'd ask your ISP.

On a side note as the Euro server is rather spendy. Donations would be apreciated to help keep it going for all of you who enjoy it.

Ohhhh, too bad. I'm sorry to hear that american players now have to deal with the same awful pings that were ours (euro players') for ages. We played anyway, if I remember well. And sometimes I even used to win a game or two, despite my high ping.

So well, I don't see how this server "ends" anything, knowing that most servers online at this very moment are in the US, and that many NOLF2 players are in North America. No-one prevents you from playing on another server, Sly. And I guess euro people wouldn't complain that much if the euro server were to be taken offline from time to time, in order to fill up the others.

So, you only have fun when your ping is low? You only win if your ping is low? You only have fun if you win? hee hee hee...

personally I think a lot of the problem is bad sportsmanship.

It has already been said that there are two methods of playing depending on high or low ping. Too often the low pingers enjoy a bit of base rape - it happens in both servers and is carried out by people both sides of the pond.

I don't quite understand the fun in running around killing people before they can pick up a weapon - I try not to do it (unless stealing the core).

I find no fun in an American server being cannon fodder to a ping of 12, I can understand that is how you americans feel in the euro server.

I think that a good game comes down to a good battle - if its too onesided its not that fun. Don't drive people out of the server by 'storming' - even the teams for all to enjoy

good point, genesis!

In almost every match is baseraping included lately, yea ^^

You only need some practise to handle a high ping..

But i think the unfair teams are the biggest reason for base 'storming'!