Cheaters Never Win

n0lf v1g1lanT3

It's never really cool to play with someone who obviously uses a cheat, like "me" did yesterday. But I didn't even bother accuse him of anything - what would the boy do? Say "yeah, sorry, I won't do it again"? Nah. Maybe he would leave, change his name, try to act a bit more stealthy... and so on.

But man, it's SO GOOD to kick such a guy's butt from time to time, even if he wins the game in the end :)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i know a player who is/was real good with a ping over 200!!!

Someone remember FF5-Muerto?

Kicked my but serious with high ping......made easy 100 score...

it's not impossible with the right skill B)

(Sry for late post but my dial-up-modem is very slow)

Hey i know a player who is/was real good with a ping over 200!!!

Someone remember FF5-Muerto?

Kicked my but serious with high ping......made easy 100 score...

it's not impossible with the right skill B)

(Sry for late post but my dial-up-modem is very slow)

I know Muerto and I don't have doubts that it is still possible to be good with a high ping. Didn't say anything different ;) .

Yesterday I saw the most interesting way of cheating ever. Just kidding, it was absolutely ridiculous.

Most of us know that a few walls in Antarctic Aggression can be shot through. All those of the small central building, and the side walls on both main entrances to Red and Blue bases.

Okay, assuming that, it is absolutely possible to shoot someone who's not really hiding with a few shots of AK, for example. A sniper who'll just crouch is very likely to end up lying down, dead.

So, when it happens to me sometimes, I'll never shout "cheater" while I know these walls were willingly designed like this.

But yesterday some guy called "joedirt" did the most wonderful thing I've ever seen so far : He sniped me twice, from behind his own base wall, through mine. Very clever if you wanna cheat without being noticed, eh?

Oh well, he ended up leaving because he had the guts to call us noobs, not before having given all of us colorful names.

Just another ordinary day in NOLF2. It didn't ruin the game, it just made us sad for him, in fact.

But yesterday some guy called "joedirt" did the most wonderful thing I've ever seen so far : He sniped me twice, from behind his own base wall, through mine. Very clever if you wanna cheat without being noticed, eh?

I don't understand -- he was shooting completely blind? All he could see was the inside wall of his base, he hoped he was aiming at someone sniping from the same spot in the other base? if that's the case, wow! what luck!

Oh well, he ended up leaving because he had the guts to call us noobs, not before having given all of us colorful names.

Just another ordinary day in NOLF2. It didn't ruin the game, it just made us sad for him, in fact.

Hehe, I sniped him good (somewhere in base to his tower...RRampage map) and he says something like how the- !? I didn't explain my shot- that would proly only encourage him to continue.

Calls me cheater etc and eventually leaves. :D

In AAgression, I have tried shooting thru walls blind, it's very easy as u can hear your shot hitting, then you keep shooting. If you don't hear it, you can sometimes see the shadow. Or you can watch someone walk\run inside something, and with the right timing... Then there's using the radar to chase down a part carrier and be able to shoot em from the outside-in without much trouble. Btw it's very easy to change the walls from their original setting to non-shoot-through with a mod (dedicated server file changes (?) or a rezzed mod).

Also, a crouching sniper behind a tin wall will not be hit if the other sniper\shooter is about in front of them. The shot goes through them if they are pressed against the wall. This happens as the engine sort of teleports the bullet for some distance (which the wall is less than) for some of the game's materials.

Uhuh, I agree, shooting through these walls is not a solid proof of cheating, as I said above. But sniping someone right in the head (one shot, dead), and twice in a row (how did he know I had been revived?) is no luck. Nor is it hasard... By the way, I was not close to the wall -> no shadow, and I still hadn't passed the window -> no timing.

It's good to know that the walls can be fixed. If someone took care of reparing the few non-solid / half-solid walls we know of, would it need some kind of server and client-side mod, or could it be done in some kind of new mappack?

• 4 weeks later...

Nolf vigilanti is my hero B)

The thing is....I didn't think gangsta was that good anyway.....even with the hack!

PS. who is vigilanti??....and who is his indian friend?............ we didn't even get a chance to thank him.

So do you or do you not think he was wallhacking?

You and one of the mimes put together that Nolf 2 video. I still don't understand how someone is supposed to use your "tactics" that you established in your video. I completely believe that you can shoot through the paper walls, but what is the point when you don't know if someone is there? In order for you to be able to shoot through the paper walls with purpose, you would have to know that someone is there.

In this case, he wasn't spread-shooting, he had pinpoint accuracy. He looked, aimed, and fired.

Can you read and speak english?

That's the exact reason I'm asking you if you think he is wallhacking. You showed us the video. The only way you were able to hit the mime (in your video) was because you knew he was there. From then you could "guestimate" where he was inside the building. My question to anyone is how does he know someone is on the other side?

So I guess [WHC] Gangsta was just hiding out the in shack, waiting for someone to come in. Then he thinks to himself, "Hey, let me shoot through the paperwall even though I have no reason to think anyone is on the other side."

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, baby.

Well i don't think [WHC] Gangsta just decided to shoot there

even though he has no reason to think anyone is on the other side..

he must have cheated too.

Btw.. why did you remove the "You're next"-part? ..

I'd be glad if nobody follows me the whole time again though.. waiting for any strage nade or pure luck of mine to cut those things out and mix some fake-cheater-video..

But i guess you just like to be the hypocritical manipulating superhero.. blue.. you SUCK!!

:lol::lol: superherooo of a lifetime ;)

It's amazing to find and proof things like this.

Nolf is a spy-game at last...never saw better spy-action.

The spy-part of the game is not dead...it's behind the normal action part

Go on James...emm Vigilante B)

Haha, it's funny to see one of the major players calling another player a cheater in a video in which he's cheating at his own :lol: . Really don't know how you want to get out of this, Bloo... Not this time.

(and if you had nothing to hide... why did you use another nick then? :P )

So he wouldn't have to listen to jerks like you, disco. OR get harrassed by CHEATING PIECES OF CRAP when he comes in to just play for real under his regular name. People seem to underestimate the power of a wallhack. There is no point in even trying when a skilled player uses one against you.

So he wouldn't have to listen to jerks like you, disco. OR get harrassed by CHEATING PIECES OF CRAP when he comes in to just play for real under his regular name. People seem to underestimate the power of a wallhack. There is no point in even trying when a skilled player uses one against you.

So you are trying to say that using cheats to detect cheaters is legitimate? And by the way, since when is insulting people allowed at these forums... Just stop canting, ok? Pisses me off :rolleyes: .