Illegal Immigration

i don't know why you listen to rush limbaugh because everybody know the guy is an idiot and a recovery junky

Independent' date='Apr 11 2006, 02:46 PM' post='48961']

The following is from the Rush Limbaugh show last week. Please read to the end -- that's where the kicker is:

All right, immigration proposals under discussion. Let me add mine to the mix. I want to call this proposal the Limbaugh Laws. Here they are. First, if you immigrate to the United States of America, you must speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor. We are not going to take unskilled workers. You will not be allowed. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, no government business will be conducted in your native language. Foreigners will not have the right to vote, I don't care how long they are here, nor will they ever be allowed to hold political office. According to the Limbaugh Laws, if you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled, ever, to welfare, to food stamps, or other government goodies. You can come if you invest here, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If you don't know have that amount of money, you can't come and invest. You have to stay home. If you do come and you want to buy land, okay, but we're going to restrict your options. You will not be allowed to buy waterfront property in the United States. That will be reserved for citizens naturally born in this country.

In fact, as a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to property. These are the Limbaugh Laws. Another thing. You don't have the right to protest when you come here. You're allowed no demonstrations, you cannot wave a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies, or you get sent home. You're a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out, and if you come here illegally, you go straight to jail and we're going to hunt you down 'til we find you.

I can imagine many of you think that the Limbaugh Laws are pretty harsh. I imagine today some of you probably are going, "Yeah! Yeah!" Well, let me tell you this, folks. Every one of the laws I just mentioned are actual laws of Mexico, today. I just read you Mexican immigration law. That's how the Mexican government handles immigrants to their country. Yet Mexicans and others come here illegally, they protest in our streets, they get on our welfare program, and we have members of the United States Senate, both parties, doing handstands and back flips, going through every contortion possible to allow it to continue so that it doesn't make these people mad, resulting in votes against these linguini-spined politicians.

every body know rush limbaugh is retarded

Personally I don't like Rush because of his arrogant attitude, but the man is certainly not an 'idiot'. He does a great deal of research for every show. I suggest posting more of a thought out argument instead of taking the easy route of dismissing someone for no legitimate reason.

(From editorial column)

Dear Mr. President,

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, And I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this. I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family .

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy. I know this is an easy request b ecause you already do all these things for all t he people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely. However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.

Sincerely,

a fellow American

14. If any of your law abiding citizens have any problems with these requests, please have your media folks label them racists for me, mkay?

Personally I don't like Rush because of his arrogant attitude, but the man is certainly not an 'idiot'. He does a great deal of research for every show. I suggest posting more of a thought out argument instead of taking the easy route of dismissing someone for no legitimate reason.

Bella, if you'd give him a couple of weeks, you'd see how the arrogance thing is really just part of his shtick. I hated that at first, too. My wife never got over it!

BTW, ty for replying to what I deemed undeserving of a reply! Saves me the trouble. I can't stand dealing with idiots. Although it was really gratifying to see that this person accusing Rush of being an idiot and retarded has absolutely no command of the English language. It appears the person is from the States, so he can't use the "English as a Second Language" excuse, either. Even his username is misspelled! LOL!!

Independent' date='Apr 14 2006, 08:41 PM' post='51897']Bella, if you'd give him a couple of weeks, you'd see how the arrogance thing is really just part of his shtick. I hated that at first, too. My wife never got over it!
I've been trying to get used to him for close to a year now, ever since he took over Neil Bortz's time slot on the radio. He just rubs me the wrong way, even if I do agree with him on many things.

• 5 months later...

Well, im not smart with politics or laws, but this is my opinion.

Im not in favor of the idea of illegal inmigration, its breaking the law, but im also in part on their side. These are people who risk their lives just to live the american dream. Its wrong that they want rights that only a legal american should have, yes , but theyre being treated as animals too. theyre ppl just like us, and it pisses me off when people discriminate them just for being illegal inmigrants. Lots of them are being killed, attacked, etc for that. If americans dont want them here, why are they giving them jobs?? Here are lots of mexicans, and others from central america that work in construction, and they get ripped off, maybe get paid just 300 dolars a week, just for being illegal, theyre not mules, or slaves, they have no rights in this country sure, but theyre human beings too. They contribute to this country everyday, so maybe its not so bad the idea of legalizing them for good. Were also being profiled, which sucks! Im puertorican, inmigrant, but im a citizen of the united states and dont need a green card, but just for being hispanic, were all labeled. So i say, the ones that have a considerable time living here, they should stay, the others should be deported, because the law is law and has to be respected.

construction has many white people in it, or "native" people. we dont need them coming in and STEALING jobs from our other workers, just cuz companies can get away with hiring them for almost nothing.

Oh my god! They STEAL jobs...do they ambush you in the parking lot and just take your job?

and whats the national language of this country?....

...right...national language. I suggest having an official language first.

Guys I read this post and I understand. I maybe Russian but, I'm a legal alien! I also think this whole illegal imigration sucks. If your imigrated to a different country that gives you freedom, more income, more rights, more options, more technology, more living space, more education, more respect, and even more, then atleast show some respect to the country. Don't wave your foreign flag every go or on every house or vihicles you have, but if you love your presious country so much why don't you go back to it and get treated like a peasant or a hobbo? I'm mean come on, the reason those guys go to U.S.A. is because they countries economy is collapsed, and majority of them that come to this country are minority from their country (which is a lot), and in their contry they didn't have much right even if they are illigaly migrated in ours. Don't wave the foreign flag, wave the U.S. flag instead. Speaking of that the protest is really unorganized and stupid. If you want to potest atleast use some brain. Why would you want to go to street carring you foreign flag and demand the rights you don't deserve? Why do you want your butt kicked, shot, spit at, threatened at, abused at, or even r.....d at? Be smart, and respectfull, use no other flag but U.S. Your foreign country won't help you! That's why you are here! If you guys carry the foreign country flag, then the citizens will think; well if you love your country why don't you get your but over there and live. Start speaking english, learn the country history, use the education for your benefits and the U.S.A's. If you guys worked a bit harder to become legal then, you wouldn't be scrabbing the toilets, cleaning the floor, peaking up peoples mess, and cleaning their shoes right now. Also don't call the Americans white boys, because this is their country, they made it, they established, and if their white then you are white too, because your hispanic otherwise your not hispanic or white. Just because Americans kicked Spanish butt at Spanish American war doesn't means americans are evil, or suck, or something; you are in the U.S. now, not at Mexico. Don't this wrong this is not racist, its political! I also have alot of latino friends, and we hang out, and have fun, every day we have a hand shake and talk about some staff :friends: . Also its ok sometimes to carry you foreign flag as long as you have the the country your migrated flag too, at the same level of hight and etc( same thing apllies to contacts, tatoos, shirts and etc.) I'm sorry but in Russia people deal with this violantly, one time a Chachnies or what ever he was (foreighner/terrorist), stabed a russian't guy in the back, well?! Other Russians go mad, and wipped his a$$ to death (seriusly, they beated him with fists, to death!) and that gotta hurt (note: the issue is different I just posted it for fun and to increase your knowledge). Anyway I think hispanic people are ok, but they gotta follow the rules, and treat the country with respect, it deserves. <_<:angry::c-3::rtfm2:

I wasnt that good in hystory, but i thought the native americans were the 1st ones who lived here. So its annoying to hear a white guy saying that this is theyre country and we should leave. These mexicans are doing stuff theyre not supposed to, but theyre not stealing jobs! We hispanic ppl are hard workers, and can be as good as anybody else. Its a fact, we hispanics are here to stay, they only time illegal inmigration will stop its if they build the damn wall theyre gonna build. And maybe that wont even stop them. I live here, i love it, but im gonna show my flag in my tshirt, in my car keys, etc. why? Cause im proud of who i am, and im not doing anything wrong with that. embrace it, this country needs us hispanics, most jobs now pay extra for those who are bilingual. im not in favor of being here illegally, but its not fair for them to be discrimanted. I was discriminated the other night i went to the ER and some stupid nurse said to the other" Hurry with that spanish girl so she gets out of here, cant stand it." he thought i was stupid and didnt speak english, but the look in his face was priceless when i confronted him. if i want i can be rich, i can even buy the damn hospital, cant believe how stupid i am and didnt report him. So just because mexicans are "invading" this country, doesnt mean we other spanish ppl have to be profiled. :angry2:

I wasnt that good in hystory, but i thought the native americans were the 1st ones who lived here. So its annoying to hear a white guy saying that this is theyre country and we should leave. These mexicans are doing stuff theyre not supposed to, but theyre not stealing jobs! We hispanic ppl are hard workers, and can be as good as anybody else. Its a fact, we hispanics are here to stay, they only time illegal inmigration will stop its if they build the damn wall theyre gonna build. And maybe that wont even stop them. I live here, i love it, but im gonna show my flag in my tshirt, in my car keys, etc. why? Cause im proud of who i am, and im not doing anything wrong with that. embrace it, this country needs us hispanics, most jobs now pay extra for those who are bilingual. im not in favor of being here illegally, but its not fair for them to be discrimanted. I was discriminated the other night i went to the ER and some stupid nurse said to the other" Hurry with that spanish girl so she gets out of here, cant stand it." he thought i was stupid and didnt speak english, but the look in his face was priceless when i confronted him. if i want i can be rich, i can even buy the damn hospital, cant believe how stupid i am and didnt report him. So just because mexicans are "invading" this country, doesnt mean we other spanish ppl have to be profiled. :angry2:

I agree Hispanic people (especialy Mexicans) are hard workers. They also boom U.S.A. economy, with hard labor, but they are illegal. Though I still think that no matter what country you are from you should worship the country you are in flag as mutch as you worship your birth country. I'm Russian/Ukrainean, you don't see me caring a Russian/Ukrayan flag every where I go, or better yet a Soviet Union flag. Even if I did it, I still would have American symbole with me and not just a tiny symbole or something, it should be noticeble. If I will get a tattoo, I'm thinking of puting American or Nato symbole with Russian, Ukraiyan, or Soviet symbole (Yes, I know soviet economy sucks, but they have nice military). I think you should be proud of country you are from and most important proud of yourself, but you gotta support the country that gives you things that no other country would. I proud that I'm Russian/Ukrainean/Soviet but, I'm also proud of U.S. and the great options I'll be able to get. I'm an A and B+ student, but mostly A. With this knowledge I can become who ever I want to be (with a little college help and hope). All I'm saying that you should respect U.S. flag as well as the country. I hope I didn't offend you kity.

No u didnt offend me cause i do respect this country a lot, i respect the law, i never talk bad about americans, i mean this country is awesome. But i have to admit that we hispanics are being discriminated just because this illegal inmigration problem. I do understand americans, and the law, we cant let them keep coming and take no action, but i also see the mexican's side, they just want a better life. All i want is for this to be resolved, whatever decision they take. I dont carry a flag of my country everywhere i go, but if ppl ask me, i say im puertorican, although i was born in PR and moved to USA when i was 3 months old. I still say im puertorican but raised in USA. Im proud of both these countries and they gave me so much.