a quest of fast decision

Natter

imagine

a hot crossfire......u and ur teammate in the middle

ur teammate falls

revive or not

some says:" first kill and then revive, so they cant get more points"

revive or not

i have made the experience:" quick revive gives me 1 second, bcs the opponents first try to shoot the revived......one second can change a whole battle.....and not always, but sometimes it works"

revive or not

a question of fast decision

revive or not

what du u think????

It kind of depends how many people are in there fighting, and their skillz.

Like for example on Antartic Agression, and NiXsa is snipeing. I will not revive you if you are in the middle of the field. I refuse to. I know you will die, and I could possibly die from getting out of my spot.

If your like in another level, for example the Ocean opposite thinger. And it's a 5 vs 5.

| = Person

....|.......|..........|..........|........|..... RED

Mari....Caip...Jacques..Knix..Moody

......................Field......................

....|........|.......|..........|..............|.. BLUE

Bella...Onyx...Nova..FryLock...Genesis

Okay. Every single person on that field is a good player. Everyone on the RED team is alive and shooting at us. Knix suddenly killed FryLock. Now FryLock is in the middle of the field. I won't revive him, I know he'll get shot by the red team because there is a 1/5 chance he will live. (And anyway I know he wouldn't want to be revived). There is a chance Fry could kill all of the RED team because each person's health would gradually become lower. But I wouldn't risk it...that's just me...

I know that in field I want to revive, because I'm really not very good alone in the other base, Plus most of the time I've a nana so it's not the good thing to kill.

Plus I have one point more smile.gif.

When you are dead,, you have to get your vizor to the head of the opponement, so when someone revives you, you are ready to shoot

Lots of people, stop playing when they are dead.

Other point this one who's dead can right click, and respawn later in the base.

YES! Loooots of people like to revive, and when they see someone dead, they revive. But many people just sit back and wait till they respawn, not waiting to be reivive so that can Kick 'donkey'. So when ye revive em, they take like 2 seconds to get back to the computer and shoot, but by then, it's to late. WHich gave the other team 2 points and your team 1.

The way I look at it, each situation is different, you have to weigh your options and decide what's best. I tend to revive whenever I can because there are a lot of awesome players who can still kick serious butt and live even with no health left. Plus I'm a sucker for when someone yells 'revive me'. So yes, in the middle of a fight, I'll revive because it's pretty easy for me to do it. I figure if they don't want to be revived, then they'll click themselves out of the option. There are times when it's clearly too intense and the person won't stand a chance and those times I don't. I have at times sacrificed myself so a better player, like Lodingi, can be revived and push back attackers I couldn't handle. Sometimes I've revived and been revived when it wasn't a good time to do so, like when there's a rocket coming at you, but everyone makes mistakes and hopefully learns from them.

So I say revive if you think it's a helpful action, don't if you think it's suicide. Now, if only those people who never ever revive would take a second to do it once in a while, that could make a big difference in the team playing.

wacko.gif revive or not to revive blush.gif well angry.gif seriously blink.gif ........er.....omg ....there are too many options to list.

There are times when it is suicide to try and revive someone, but as a rule of thumb, I recon in a battle, its better to try to reveive and fail than not to try at all. dry.gif ....but then again...............

hm...I don't think there's a general rule about reviving, because everybody has to decide on her/his own if or if not, depending on the situation.

But I hate it if people revive you like 20 times in a row just to get points...that's lame and more than stupid... mmkay.gif

"To revive or not to revive?....................That is the question" - Cate Archer *Spy*

Since I came into the nolf games after a long stint of Eliteforce, including league play.

I'm more of a "revive" and give it your all type of person for the team.

As revive is a "team" enhancement when you concider most team play games don't give you that option and some make you wait a respawn period (some flavours of Call of Duty, Enemy Territory for example)

So revive em ! and let em have a fair shake to vinsent.gifhunter.gif

I'd say revive, too. After all, that's what right-click's for... If you don't think it'd be appropriate to be revived in a crossfire, then right-click. Otherwise, acting like a human shield can be useful. You might get killed once more, but sometimes it gives you a big advantage. Here's what I try to do most of the times:

-mate gets killed (2 points for enemy)

-revive mate (1 point for me, w00t)

-jump over mate (*yeeha!*)

-Genesis gets killed (that's quite normal - 2 more points for enemy)

-mate kills enemy (2 points for him/her)

As you can see, talking about pure score, and IF IT WORKS AS IT SHOULD, it's not a very good deal, but in terms of strategy, it IS helpful. It's a good way of unblocking corridors...

Er, yeah. I don't really want to be used as a Human Shield...Which is why when I died I immediately right click so no one revives me. (Unless I feel it's necessary) 'cos I know I'll die because of my Low Health in a Crossfire. Anyway, in a Crossfire, you have many people there. Just one person couldn't help you, the other people could be one to your right, and the other to your left. Fo Example:

| = Person

Names in Italics are dead

....|.......|..........|..........|........|..... RED

Mari....Caip...Jacques..Knix..Moody

......................Field......................

....|........|.......|..........|..............|.. BLUE

Bella...Onyx...Nova..FryLock...Genesis

There. Okay, time to use Fry as an Example again. He's in the middle of the crossfire, and I want to use him as a "Human Shield" so I have some time to kill people. The RED team can easily spot 2 people next to each other, it's an obvious scene. So, Fry is in the field, dead. I come up to him, revive, and Mari and Moody happens to see us, they will shoot at us cause we are like...RIGHT THERE. And they would kill us. That's already 4 points for them, 1 for us. Yes I know that: Genesis and Bella are still Alive, but think, Mari and Moody has a few seconds to kill us, and Jacques can be holding Bella and Genesis off for that many seconds.

I think the decision lies not with the reviver but with the revivee.

When you're dead you have plenty of time to look around and decide whether it's a good idea to be revived. The people who are still alive don't have that luxury. So if someone revives you in a bad situation, it's your fault for not cancelling revive. If you want revive to be available, but don't want to be revived just yet, just ask.

When you're dead you have plenty of time to look around and decide whether it's a good idea to be revived. The people who are still alive don't have that luxury. So if someone revives you in a bad situation, it's your fault for not cancelling revive. If you want revive to be available, but don't want to be revived just yet, just ask.

Well put, Sonic. People seem to forget the utility of the right-click and sometimes shout at people who revived them. YOUR FAULT! biggrin.gif

I'd like to add that right-clicking too often in order not to be revived is not a wonderful idea either. It prevents your team from collecting the precious ONE POINT granted for reviving your poor earthly remains. And 1 pt + 1 pt + 1 pt (etc.) can make a big difference in a 20-minute long match.

I think we can stop with the various scenarios, because each situation is unique when NOLFing and not every example applies to them. It all comes down to paying attention and determining what is best for the situation you're currently in.

well...i think that this was a great question natter...

i think best thing to do is to revive...for bunches of reasons...

1)...u get an extra point

2)...the person ur shootin shoots them so it gives u an extra second...allowing u to get a few extra shots in...

3)...the person u revive can also shoot...

well...i think that this was a great question natter...

i think best thing to do is to revive...for bunches of reasons...

1)...u get an extra point

2)...the person ur shootin shoots them so it gives u an extra second...allowing u to get a few extra shots in...

3)...the person u revive can also shoot...

This is a never ending argument. True you get a second to shoot at the enemy when you've revived and there is two of you but...

1) You also lose a second whilst looking down to revive the person

2) The attacker can see you are going to revive the person. This means that they know where you are going and where your head will be. makes it a lot easier to kill you.

3) You get a point for reviving - So what? The person shooting at you will get 3 when he nails the guy yuo revive.

There's no right or wrong answer. Make a split second decision on the event. But if they shoot the guy you revive, don't be dumb enough to try again.

I for one don't revive in the middle of a clip, but in the half second-second when changing magazines I will often make a dash for anyone down. Especially considering the person I'm fighting will often run out of ammo at approximately the same time. But this mainly applies to fights with only one enemy around, of course.

I try to revive when I can. Not just for points but b/c it's the nice thing to do. However, I don't like being revived in the middle of a fire fight. I usually end up dying right away again. I've played where I've been revived like three times in a row and I just keep dying. It sucks. If I'm in the middle of a fire fight, I try to kill the opposition and then revive. So if I'm in a game with you and I don't revive it's probably for that reason.

• 1 month later...
imagine

a hot crossfire......u and ur teammate in the middle

ur teammate falls

revive or not

some says:" first kill and then revive, so they cant get more points"

revive or not

i have made the experience:" quick revive gives me 1 second, bcs the opponents first try to shoot the revived......one second can change a whole battle.....and not always, but sometimes it works"

revive or not

a question of fast decision

revive or not

what du u think????

You kill first and revive later, well of course that depends on the circumstance..Lets say you have one life left, maybe you can revive first then but from my experience i always kill first and revive after that or else you both get killed...When i first started to play i always revived first but I learned its better to kill before smile.gif