Video card & mouse upgrade

hello everyone. i think it's time i upgrade my mouse and video card. i would like to survey you nolfers to see what you are using these days. it's been a while since i upgraded and i could use your input. please share the following info. thanks.

what video card & mouse do you currently use?

what video card & mouse did you upgrade from?

did you notice a difference & has it improved gameplay (not necessarily nolf)

hello everyone. i think it's time i upgrade my mouse and video card. i would like to survey you nolfers to see what you are using these days. it's been a while since i upgraded and i could use your input. please share the following info. thanks.

though mine is starting to get old it's still a good card

Nvidia FX-5900 256MB card (it's AGP hence the "dated" comment) my next system will have PCI-x

Microsoft Optical wheel mouse (it works eh)

though mine is starting to get old it's still a good card

Nvidia FX-5900 256MB card (it's AGP hence the "dated" comment) my next system will have PCI-x

Microsoft Optical wheel mouse (it works eh)

i'm going the agp route. i'm not ready for a complete system upgrade.

I went from a generic Logitech mouse to a Logitech MX-700 optical cordless to a MX-1000 optical cordless. The MX-1000 is clearly better (tracking as well as 'lag' from RF, though just a felt 'little'). It's big and heavy though, you should definitely try it out in the shop. Don't think it's gamers choice.

By the way, PCI-X is NOT PCI-Express. :P

Lod, can your Mobo handle 2x, 4x, or 8x agp? That is 1 of the factors that determine what card you should get. What kind of budget are you looking at?

You can spend anywhere form $50-$500 on a video card. What do you currently have?

I went from a generic Logitech mouse to a Logitech MX-700 optical cordless to a MX-1000 optical cordless. The MX-1000 is clearly better (tracking as well as 'lag' from RF, though just a felt 'little'). It's big and heavy though, you should definitely try it out in the shop. Don't think it's gamers choice.

By the way, PCI-X is NOT PCI-Express. :P

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's the acronym police :P

heheh

Went from 5200FX to 6800FX LE (light edition, not as strong as regular, can tweak the software a bit though)...

Most of the games I've tried play comfortably, or at little performance cost- could turn down visual quality by much less than a notch.

As for the mouse, I still have the wired wheel microsoft optical, it's ok, durable.

Lod, can your Mobo handle 2x, 4x, or 8x agp? That is 1 of the factors that determine what card you should get. What kind of budget are you looking at?

You can spend anywhere form $50-$500 on a video card. What do you currently have?

i currently have an ati radeon 9800 pro 128. i would like to spend $200 or less and still get a nice bump. my current mobo & cpu is an asus k8v-se deluxe with an amd64 3400+ cpu.

Grafik: ATI 9600, 64 MB....old but not bad for Nolf

Mouse: Razer Diamondback....a fine piece of a mouse

lol. i purchased a razer copperhead laser mouse. i returned it the next day. i didn't like the feel of it. logitech is coming out with a wireless laser mouse for left hand users (which i am). i'm going to try it when it's available. btw. anyone using a wireless mouse?

lol. i purchased a razer copperhead laser mouse. i returned it the next day. i didn't like the feel of it. logitech is coming out with a wireless laser mouse for left hand users (which i am). i'm going to try it when it's available. btw. anyone using a wireless mouse?

I also tested the logitech..its a bit higher (hehe)..and so u have a

dorsal hyperextension on ur hand-articulation and the nervous medianus

get zwacked a bit.

It starts with a bizzle feeling in the mid-finger and then it comes:

u can't feel ur fingers anymore and ur nose turns to

green colour (the nolf syndrome). ;)

no healing possible :blink:

Since my days playing Nolf 1 I've always used a MicroSoft Optical mouse....................they hold up much longer than a wheel mouse, particularly when gaming. As far as my video card, I've always used Nvidia GForce............I started with a GF2 and worked my way up. My last card was a GForce 6600 AGP. It wasn't until I found out that you can now get the 7800 series in AGP that I recently upgraded..............It does make a difference. Although I'm still a fair to middlin' player.....................I see alot more :)

OH and Lod................check out Tigerdirect.com for prices on barebones systems and vid cards, You will be surprised.

Since my days playing Nolf 1 I've always used a MicroSoft Optical mouse....................they hold up much longer than a wheel mouse, particularly when gaming. As far as my video card, I've always used Nvidia GForce............I started with a GF2 and worked my way up. My last card was a GForce 6600 AGP. It wasn't until I found out that you can now get the 7800 series in AGP that I recently upgraded..............It does make a difference. Although I'm still a fair to middlin' player.....................I see alot more :)

OH and Lod................check out Tigerdirect.com for prices on barebones systems and vid cards, You will be surprised.

i am very familiar with tigerdirect. i purchased my latest mobo/cpu from them a few months back. good deals for sure.

Power Mac currently: ATI Radeon X800 XT and MS Wireless Intellimouse 2.0

Power Mac past: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Mac Special Editon and MS Wireless Intellimouse 2.0

Windows currently: Geforce 6800 GT and Logitech MX 1000

Windows past: Geforce 6600 GT and Logitech MX 1000

I noticed a difference in speed and features on the higher end games. Half-Life 2 went from reflect 'some' to reflect world, for example. Also, most of my older games let me run them with AA & AF set to their highest level.

• 2 weeks later...

i just ordered an nvidia geforce 7600gt today from newegg. all the reviews i read say this card is a monster. only the geforce 7900gt and the radeon 1900xt. all for only $190 + shipping ($250 with mobo). i originally planned on upgrading to another agp card. seems the prices have skyrocketed due to agp's limited availability. for a little more than the price of a geforce 6800 gs agp ($232 shipped) i was able to get the geforce 7600gt plus an abit nv8 motherboard to hold the card. from this point on swapping video cards should be a breeze. anyone considering upgrading your agp card may want to consider the route i have taken.

here's a review of the 7600gt. http://www.penstarsys.com/reviews/video/ev...gtco/index.html