changes in NS server

Belgaron

yea, true IPB Image

But since informing peeps about things like that is called making trouble/telling lies..

I guess next time i will just be quiet and think my part .. each time i say something like anti-cheat-server doesnt avoid cheating or stuff some clowns need to tell me that they think i cheat myself or attack me while telling me they dont care .. well do not write anything then <_<

yea, true IPB Image

But since informing peeps about things like that is called making trouble/telling lies..

I guess next time i will just be quiet and think my part .. each time i say something like anti-cheat-server doesnt avoid cheating or stuff some clowns need to tell me that they think i cheat myself or attack me while telling me they dont care .. well do not write anything then <_<

Thank You...that's the spirit...I'll hold you to it.

BTW - What Knix just said is not what you just said. Knix says NOLFer's are a bunch of lazy bastards and won't download/use the cheat fix, you say the cheat doesn't work because of the possibility that someone might or already has figured a way to cheat around it. It may not be practical for normal play, but it works in matches...we use it all the time. I wonder how motivated NOLFERS might become if the cheat fix was run on all the servers, thereby forcing everyone to download/use the fix if they wanted to play?

i whole heartedly agree with rxs. if all the servers are anti-cheat, then you kinda force everyone's hand into downloading the fix and installing it or they sacrifice playing nolf.

as long as the wallhack, aimbot, etc are prevented by the fix, then why not use it? just beause it doesn't prevent your precious nana cheat that no one seems to use anymore???

quit fiddling with your banana and play for crying out loud.

The problem is not everyone would put the mod in their servers. You have Criminal Cola with his bunch of servers (and others that pop up now and then) that would probably stay as they are, which means everyone would ignore the Unity, SFI and NS servers with the fix and go there. There was a time that it would have worked, when there weren't these other servers running, but now it isn't likely. :mellow:

The problem is not everyone would put the mod in their servers. You have Criminal Cola with his bunch of servers (and others that pop up now and then) that would probably stay as they are, which means everyone would ignore the Unity, SFI and NS servers with the fix and go there. There was a time that it would have worked, when there weren't these other servers running, but now it isn't likely. :mellow:

hmm time to petition it as a version update B)

Thank You...that's the spirit...I'll hold you to it.

ok well.. i guess i changed my mind since you said that

What Knix just said is not what you just said.

thank you so much but i did understand him

as long as the wallhack, aimbot, etc are prevented by the fix, then why not use it? just beause it doesn't prevent your precious nana cheat that no one seems to use anymore???

are you blind or just stupid ? .. and what do you want with your stupid nana crap all the time?

okay, rops, let me break it down for you..

so just because the anti-cheat fix isn't perfect, that means we shouldn't use it at all?

so it doesnt stop people from using the nana cheat, but it does stop people from using the wallhack, aimbot, etc.

what is so hard to understand?

its just not correct ;)

its not correct to stop people from cheating? are you stupid or just dont want people to take away your precious wallhack?

tell me why we shouldnt implement the anti-cheat fix (other than the reason people wouldnt download it since that isn't even your main point)

<_< look here

Ok I see a few matters rolled up into one there.

Moody - NS Forum

How about letting your so called clan members apologize in public just like Rops had to do a while ago and just as i did long time ago huh?

I never seen anyone else there apologize for anything ever! Since accusing people of cheating is forbidden (i think) i dont understand why blue is allowed to do it over and over. Its not the first time either.

And cant say you really cared at the time he posted some pics of NS members swearing either. You could atleast have edited it. But i dont care anyways cause i say "sh@@, bs" etc sometimes in game. Reason why I dont mention it over at Unity is because I dont feel like answering to all your "police officers" over there and you all seem to stick together.

Got nothing against SFI but just dont understand why others should be embarrassed in public and not your own people when they do something wrong. And Rops is a far better player than blue ever was or ever will be,doesnt mean he's cheating.. I guess its jealosy behind everything after all. Instead of causing drama you could fill the server since no americans seems to play. Too busy reading forums I suppose.

First Rops did you tell them the two of us had discussed it. Did you also tell them at the time I told from the console of the server to stop in there and you persisted. Now I thought we were cool and to find out you guys trash talk somewhere else. Moody I've publicly apologized over the years to this entire community more than once. There is an apology posted by Belladonna on this forum even about another matter. I've seen Factor apologize recently also. Point is if most people do something wrong they come out and admit it, apologize and move on. Rops did that and by doing so my respect for him went up quite a bit.

Belagron is in =NS= is he not? He is also a moderator here. He reads this forums here to and has the authority to moderate in here like any other moderator.

In the end guys the bickering gets us all nowhere. Just play and have fun. There are too many egos that clash around here sometimes. As far as "anti-cheat" ultimately in the world of software if one looks hard enough they can usually find a bug in it somewhere.

To prove cheating in this game is harder than in most. It doesn't take random screenshots like Punkbuster it doesn't scan you file folders for cheat or cheat like files like some gameservers do. Just about anybody with some photoshop skills ca make a "shot" of a cheater. So I'd say to everyone stick to the anti-cheat for matches as it eliminates the known cheats otherwise just play and have fun. Tossing around the so and so is cheating/a cheater etc just makes people mad at one another.

summary:

- A few were so fascinated cause of that fix

- I made a comment that its still possible to cheat (an info .. didnt want to make any drama again)

- Blue said i should stop lying and stuff

- I showed him some pics and told me opinion about the whole story

-> why is that trash talk again??

- nobody ever needs to search very long for any bug cause you can see the wallhack on the download page already

- our wall of shame is something like your disenters paradise and i guess bel wont delete anything without a good reason

- i didnt tell anyone not to use the fix.. it was only a warnining that its not as save as everyone says that it is

- and i also said that it would be bs to use it on every server cause nobody will play then .. or someone will host another one without the fix where they will play

This is why the mod has never been impliemented as standard server setup. Cause someone would most likely setup one that wasn't running the mod and nolfers by nature seem shy about downloading extra things (custom maps for example)

I know why this topic was started in the first place. Like Belagron I get tired of the finger pointing etc. I get alot emails, PMs and msn chats about the issue weekly. He was frustrated as I've been before too.

So I'll say to everyone step back a couple steps and realize that making the accusations isn't solving the problems.