changes in NS server

Belgaron

Within the next few days the NS server will have the anti-cheat mod applied. It seems this is the only way to keep the drama and banning to a minimum. Numerous attempts have been made to keep the game fair...........some people just don't get the message. For all that do I apologize for this inconvience.

Foxsy, make up your mind. You complain about people being pointed out, then here you ask who the cheaters are. Belgaron and I get screenshots and emails complaining about numerous players all the time. Cheating is something that is extremely difficult to prove so using an anti-cheat mod seems an intelligent way to combat all the accusations.

It is one way to guarantee cheat free gameplay in a server.

If everyone only knew how much email/messages I get about so and so is in the server cheating etc.

If this reduces the complaints and finger pointing then B)

It is one way to guarantee cheat free gameplay in a server.

If everyone only knew how much email/messages I get about so and so is in the server cheating etc.

If this reduces the complaints and finger pointing then B)

its still possible to cheat with that "anti-cheat-fix" btw

and if we run it on our server, nobody will join it anymore ... as long as there are other servers without that mod :huh:

its still possible to cheat with that "anti-cheat-fix" btw

rops, if you still want to use that dumb nana cheat then fine. the biggest problem here is the wallhack and changing the leaning degree. if these two can be taken away, then fine, you can keep your dumb nana cheat.

rops, if you still want to use that dumb nana cheat then fine. the biggest problem here is the wallhack and changing the leaning degree. if these two can be taken away, then fine, you can keep your dumb nana cheat.

wth said that i use it you *** ?

Bella, my point is very clear.

I do not think there are any hackers in this game because i have not seen any

and your post made it sound as if you knew for sure there were hackers, i wanted

some names of the people who hack is all. Food, great idea.

• 4 weeks later...

ya, but if every server runs that mod, the newbies wont be able to join the fun and most of em are too lazy to look for mods etc..

(and there are a few who cannot launch that mod too =/ )

plus the fact that you can still cheat on "anti-cheat-servers" :P

ya, but if every server runs that mod, the newbies wont be able to join the fun and most of em are too lazy to look for mods etc..

(and there are a few who cannot launch that mod too =/ )

plus the fact that you can still cheat on "anti-cheat-servers" :P

only reason you couldn't launch that mod is improper install or

you have the cheat files on your PC

also to "cheat" in there you'd have to be quite the die-hard cheater to do so.

only reason you couldn't launch that mod is improper install or

you have the cheat files on your PC

it worked fine for me, but annika had probs last time

also to "cheat" in there you'd have to be quite the die-hard cheater to do so.

thats not the point! - if you run a "anti-cheat-server" you should make sure it is a real one and not only the name ^^

thats not the point! - if you run a "anti-cheat-server" you should make sure it is a real one and not only the name ^^

Do you have a better alternative? No? Then what's the use of making your "point"?

how is that a better alternative? with the current anticheat mod, you eliminate the possibility of wallhackers, aimbots, etc, and the conventional nana cheat. with the status quo, you get all of that. i would sooner opt for the former and have stupid 14 year old boys finding another way to cheat a nana than have stupid 14 year old boys running around with the wallhack. :rolleyes:

I tell you it IS possible .. but whatever, dream on

(btw: didnt know your 14 :P )

I'm sure it is possible...you seem to know all about it which leads me to believe you use it (you probably don't, but you are always the one quick to ridicule it).

The general populace doesn't seem know how to defeat it, so maybe fewer punks will be cheating.

how is that a better alternative? with the current anticheat mod, you eliminate the possibility of wallhackers, aimbots, etc, and the conventional nana cheat. with the status quo, you get all of that. i would sooner opt for the former and have stupid 14 year old boys finding another way to cheat a nana than have stupid 14 year old boys running around with the wallhack. :rolleyes:

WORD!

My personal opinion, is that while noble in idea, the anit-cheat fix does not work as people refuse to download, apply it.

During the week (PM EST in my case) the servers for DD are virtually empty. I hear its busier during the day as the Euro's, and available Yanks play then. The only time we see full servers are during the weekend. Forcing people to download the anti-cheat, will limit the servers in probablity to those frequent players and not the newer players, or those who play on occassion. Even the MODX1 server has been quiet, as I think people find it a hassle to assign the mod at start up, only to find no one in a server, then have to go out of NOLF, un assign the mod, and go back in again. This would be the same case with the anit-cheat servers.