Wow I beat Elite to a tech tip lol

This one's important not too do though so DON'T VISIT THE SITE LISTED

F-Secure staff has found a malicious website that utilizes a spelling error when typing the name of the popular search engine - 'Google.com'. If a user opens a malicious website, his/her computer gets hijacked - a lot of different malware gets automatically downloaded and installed: trojan droppers, trojan downloaders, backdoors, a proxy trojan and a spying trojan. Also a few adware-related files are installed.

The name of the malicious website is 'Googkle.com'. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS WEBSITE! Otherwise your computer will get infected! We have reported the case to the authorities.

a good way to not have to worry about malicious sites messing up your computer is by getting Spybot Seach and Destroy. This program keeps an updated list of such sites and "immunizes" your computer from ever visiting these sites.

a good way to not have to worry about malicious sites messing up your computer is by getting Spybot Seach and Destroy.  This program keeps an updated list of such sites and "immunizes" your computer from ever visiting these sites.

2717[/snapback]

Or, even better yet. DONT USE IE laugh.gif

a good way to not have to worry about malicious sites messing up your computer is by getting Spybot Seach and Destroy.  This program keeps an updated list of such sites and "immunizes" your computer from ever visiting these sites.

2717[/snapback]

Another swell tool on this front is microsofts anti spyware tool. It's a repackage of the Giant spyware tool but it essentially monitors settings and web installations for changes and gives you the option to stop an install or block changes. Just go to the MS site and search downloads for anit spyware.

I would not advise the MS anti-spyware, after loosing a days work because the darned thing interfered with our company website.

I think this tool is just too under-developed just now, and needs more work.

I would not advise the MS anti-spyware, after loosing a days work because the darned thing interfered with our company website.

I think this tool is just too under-developed just now, and needs more work.

3234[/snapback]

I hear you there I took that off the test machines at work (I test all new applications in a test enviroment before deploying them)

It screwed up several of the test machines

Yeah, Unfortunately, my boss is not so logically minded, and installed it on his own machine and several others including mine. TWAT. Left me to clean up after him, and our business relies entirely on being able to access our website and databases.

The best part still to come..

It was my fault apparently blink.gif

I had not heard of this tool, but I'm glad I heard bad things about it before I heard good things about it. I tend not to trust things microsoft doesn't actively push on people. Heck, I don't even trust things microsoft DOES actively push on people. I usually go with word-of-mouth programs, ones that have been rated by regular joe-schmoe users positively.

Strange I've been putting it on my new system builds, haven't had trouble with it... unsure.gifexcl.gif Except for that new laptop I just built that can't seem to get to Outlook Web Access trough IE... omFg! rolleyes.gif Guess I've got some testing to do Monday. blush.gif Sominabich!

Thaaaaank you unityhq. techsupport.gif