Nolf2 not starting, no error message

Well this has been going on some time so I assume it won't just go away. Sometimes when starting Nolf2 (clicking the Play button in the little orange menu), the game seems to not start. No working computer, no black screen, just nothing. In the task manager I've established that Lithtech.exe does start running, but shuts down or is shut down before it can produce any interesting experiences for me. There are no error messages and no yucky sounds, just nothing.

Rebooting seems to take care of the problem and I can always get it running right after one. Sometimes (and mainly when I try not too many hours after a reboot, I think) it can work many times in a row. Within the game itself I've had no particular problems, so it seems to be a launching issue.

Now I know I can reinstall Nolf and this will probably go away. My question is has anyone else experienced this? Did you fix it? How? Help is very welcome. If no one's smarter than me on this I'll just reinstall later.

Well this has been going on some time so I assume it won't just go away. Sometimes when starting Nolf2 (clicking the Play button in the little orange menu), the game seems to not start. No working computer, no black screen, just nothing. In the task manager I've established that Lithtech.exe does start running, but shuts down or is shut down before it can produce any interesting experiences for me. There are no error messages and no yucky sounds, just nothing.

Rebooting seems to take care of the problem and I can always get it running right after one. Sometimes (and mainly when I try not too many hours after a reboot, I think) it can work many times in a row. Within the game itself I've had no particular problems, so it seems to be a launching issue.

Now I know I can reinstall Nolf and this will probably go away. My question is has anyone else experienced this? Did you fix it? How? Help is very welcome. If no one's smarter than me on this I'll just reinstall later.

I suspect your lithtech.exe file is corrupted or something. You can try copying it from the CD or I could send it to you.