Somebody help me

Ok i've got a problem I hope somebody could help me with. The problem is the NS site and forums

http://nolf.rolex005.net/ It worked fine until yesterday afternoon when it couldnt open the page anymore.

I get this message:

IPB Image

Yeah its on Swedish but i guess it looks similiar in other languages too. I still cant open the page and I tried to use Firefox instead of what I usually use "Internet Explorer" and still not working. I thought it was my computer but then I went to my brother and tried to connect from his pc too and it was the same problem there. We both use IE and we have the same internet provider but could that be the problem? It worked until about 5 pm yesterday and i didnt change or do anything. All I did was playing CSS :P

And all other sites is working fine, it seems like its only the NS page that cant open and im the only one with the problem. btw I also tried to turn off my firewall incase it blocked the site but it was still the same :angry: So uhm, any ideas ?

Thanks!

That's pretty sad Moody, there has to be an easier way to get people to go to your website than fake that there is a problem with it... :lol:

But seriously, it worked for me as well....

Got also no problem with viewing the site. Since your brother has the problem too, could it be that it's a server issue? Maybe your IP got blocked by the provider because of a suspected DOS attack or sth. like that. Since I believe you know the admin, note your IP and let him view the server logs.

EDIT:

Additionally do a traceroute: (below is the XP notation of the command for the command line)

tracert nolf.rolex005.net

With some luck you see at which point the connection fails.

EDIT:

Additionally do a traceroute: (below is the XP notation of the command for the command line)

With some luck you see at which point the connection fails.

Speak english please :P Ok im a real noob to this hahah. How do I do a tacerroute ? :D

Clear your borwser cache and cookies Also check the box for the offline files to be removed.

After visiting all those naughty sites, you have to :lol:

Yeah I especially remember the nude pic of you RXS, the one you sent me long ago dressed up as a woman remember? Where did you get those thongs from anyways? :unsure:

I tried everything Alexa and E1 said but doesnt help.

What do the host server logs say? Are there connection attempts from your IP (the DSL modem's IP of course) visible? What is the result of the traceroute, where does the connection fail?

My result is (seems the server or at least the primary host is in Hamburg):

Routenverfolgung zu nolf.rolex005.net [213.203.245.15] über maximal 30 Abschnitte:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1

2 143 ms 79 ms 56 ms 217.0.116.64

3 53 ms 53 ms 54 ms 217.0.68.150

4 56 ms 55 ms 55 ms f-ea1.F.DE.net.DTAG.DE [62.154.17.182]

5 68 ms 69 ms 68 ms 62.156.139.202

6 69 ms 68 ms 69 ms ae-0-56.bbr2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.68.118.162]

7 69 ms 68 ms 69 ms so-3-0-0.mp1.Hamburg1.Level3.net [4.68.128.34]

8 67 ms 68 ms 69 ms ge-4-2.hsa2.Hamburg1.Level3.net [195.122.140.196]

9 67 ms 69 ms 68 ms ge-2-0.edge1.ham1.de.inetbone.net [62.67.234.30]

10 262 ms 138 ms 71 ms ge-0-0.customer3.ham1.de.inetbone.net [213.203.242.206]

11 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.

I don't think it's a problem on your side but if you can change your DNS server setting (you should have gotten more than one from your provider). Post your traceroute (and in case of failure a ping nolf.rolex005.net). Perhaps the host name is not resolved (but this should not be possible for individual URLs).

EDIT:

In the meantime until the problem is found and solved you could use a proxy (connection settings of your browser, ya know?). Your provider should have given you one also!

I don't think it's a problem on your side but if you can change your DNS server setting (you should have gotten more than one from your provider). Post your traceroute (and in case of failure a ping nolf.rolex005.net). Perhaps the host name is not resolved (but this should not be possible for individual URLs).

Ok........Whats a DNS server? :lol: I dont understand this language :D

And when i tried the traceroute thing all it said was that it doesnt know the command "taceroute nolf.rolex005.net" :unsure:

Uh well, better don't do it then :lol: .

Rather difficult to explain since I have a german version of XP and I'd have to translate what to do and you'd have to retranslate to swedish.

Anyway you find the DNS server settings in the "properties of TCP/IP" somewhere in the network settings (I think Elite has given advice about something like that with pictures). You know that the DNS server resolves the names (nolf.rolex........) to IP addresses, right?

You know that the DNS server resolves the names (nolf.rolex........) to IP addresses, right?

Uhhhh...........No :P Look, im no computer nerd really :D

Hmmm. Better don't touch a thing, then (absolutely NO thing :P ).

The traceroute command is written tracert (copy & paste, brother!):

Seems you should shout at your provider. Trying a proxy could work as a makeshift. You'd have to find a proxy server yourself, I never use proxys and don't know good public ones.

The tracert.exe should be in your /Windows/system32 directory. You do have XP, don't you?

IPB Image

(start>run>"cmd">"tracert nolf.rolex005.net")

works fine for me too .. i think you should wait for the mail with the answer from your provider, moody ;)

Where did you get those thongs from anyways? :unsure:

Same place you got the coconuts and string from. It was right after you were turned down for the lead role in Brokeback Mtn.

well since nolf.rolex005.net resolves at 213.203.245.15 try to connect doing http://213.203.245.15 if you find the site via the IP then something is messed up on your ISPs nameservers.

To clear your DNS cache:

1. Open Command Prompt

type ipconfig /flushdns

To renew your DNS:

To renew DNS client registration using the ipconfig command

Open Command Prompt.

Type:

ipconfig /registerdns