THE SERVER REVIEW

Natter

Last week:

servers very quiet... :(

f.e. friday...european rush-hour...6 players (2% of the members here)

Where u hanging around ladies...spaming instead of nolfing?

Whats up with the tournament-plans?? :unsure:

servers where full house last weekend...wooot

we fought a few good and hard matches

Knix complains a bit of shooting blanks.....

but we all agreed its the server lag... ;)

hope ur depression is nothing serious man :P

ah yes..and i saw Gramma and Nanny playin..

they told us they prepair for eastern.. :unsure:

hmm whats to prepair for eastern :blink:

turning chickens into bunnys???

Uh Natter, my kids can attest to the fact that I don't "shoot blanks" (translation for Herr Natter may be required.)

My complaint with the Euro Unityhq server was not the ping (mine was 78...not a big deal at all), it was the lag in the game. You may remember Nat, that RXS, and a couple of other Yanks in the game were experiencing the same thing. I would be shooting someone, blood spurting out, and then zap...they dissapear. I let it run for a few maps, but the situation continued. I don't have that on problem on any stateside servers.

As far as the tourney is concerned. While I would love to see it happen, I think history has proven that these are bound to fail.

As an "fun" alternative, may I suggest we think about one a week (probably Sat or Sun during the "heavy traffic" hours) setting up the server at a 20-24 player capacity? I think it would be cool to have the bigger maps (such as cable car station, or Hydro with 20 people in the match.) E1 can better answer to the logistical feasability of this.

Just an idea.

Knix' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:49 AM' post='35803']

Uh Natter, my kids can attest to the fact that I don't "shoot blanks" (translation for Herr Natter may be required.)

My complaint with the Euro Unityhq server was not the ping (mine was 78...not a big deal at all), it was the lag in the game. You may remember Nat, that RXS, and a couple of other Yanks in the game were experiencing the same thing. I would be shooting someone, blood spurting out, and then zap...they dissapear. I let it run for a few maps, but the situation continued. I don't have that on problem on any stateside servers.

As far as the tourney is concerned. While I would love to see it happen, I think history has proven that these are bound to fail.

As an "fun" alternative, may I suggest we think about one a week (probably Sat or Sun during the "heavy traffic" hours) setting up the server at a 20-24 player capacity? I think it would be cool to have the bigger maps (such as cable car station, or Hydro with 20 people in the match.) E1 can better answer to the logistical feasability of this.

Just an idea.

It's just a matter of editing the cfg file ;) to increase the player slots

Knix' date='Mar 9 2006, 05:49 PM' post='35803']

Just an idea.

Win the race and u have a server to do it, good idea btw but seems more players...

more lag... <_<

I also like to see the BIG COSTUMS from time to time with a lot of players.

Cable car and terror in tokyo rocks.

Whats up yesterday?

medium full servers, but good players and that means...good matches

We have a new funny newbie on our servers...its da "zuver"

Yesterday he complains heavy to me bcs i have taken a gun under his nose..

and he says "hey natter..u have taken my gun...and now u go out and die"

Sry zuver..i know an awesome killer like u need more guns than one. ;)

Knix' date='Mar 10 2006, 01:58 PM' post='36411']

Hey Natter,

If I "win the race" it won't be increased player amounts. I got some stuf that are easily applicable, and will knock the community for a pleasant loop. :D

BE afraid, be VERY afraid....... :blink:;)

CC has set up a server....with the regular map rotation..

Its in San Diego and so a bit high pings for euros

we played a few maps today..and the high ping doesnt matter

we had no laaaag :)

Good job CC, thx

CC has set up a server....with the regular map rotation..

Its in San Diego and so a bit high pings for euros

we played a few maps today..and the high ping doesnt matter

we had no laaaag :)

Good job CC, thx

This is a great server.....who is CC? You guys gotta try this one out too!

CC's NOLFWorld server is by far the best...but, i suggest you make the point total

to win at least 50, first it was 40, now 20? thats very lame because the map is over too quick.

Other then that i have no complaints because there is 0 lag,

i can actually play NOLF2 to my full potential and win every map

in the rotation just to have all other players b**** at me on how

i am only winning because my ping is lower then theirs... :rolleyes: ... :)

Yep CC, 40 point winning score is to fast.

And its confusing if u turn ff on and out and on and out and on

during one map...its totaly confusing

sure its your server...but to much playing around with settings..

and no one joins again i think..

Nolfers are a bit ...erm...conservative

Weekend was filled with fantastic matches

Alexa is back in game (woohoo) and got her old shape back

I met Manko on DM-server and we had a nice talk during

i walked thru her tagg-hell!!!

Baron decides to changes his name in NoraB...better dont ask why :blink:

See u all soon

:angry: It's very very sad, some players in this community are not flexible enough in DM :angry:

As I have a enormous high ping on us-servers since saturday (normal: 160 ; since saturday: between 260 on NOLFWorld.net -servers and 450 on SFI and NS (new) servers.) I asked the players who were in DM (I think there were 6 players) to change to Euroserver because I couldn't play that well with this ping, but even those who were from germany (with for me normal pings like 150) (5 of them) weren't willing to change to Euroserver, just because they wouldn't have an advantage there :angry:

When someone was in the server today, there were very good games on it (with more than 8) :D

Was fun to play today! It was really a pity that I needed to change to cj after everybody left the server :( .

This game is simply without any piece of humour, which is the thing i appreciate the most in NOLF2 and what keeps me playing this game! :) No nanas, no nades, no other tag possibilities = no fun!

Euroserver with the new mod filled up quick today, but I still don't like the mod very much, although the double jump and the weapons are cool, cause it seems to lag a bit, or at least it is much harder to kill others than on normal dd servers

On the Euro-normal-dd-server enough people played, but I sucked that much, that I haven't had fun though :lol:

played on euroserver some minutes ago and I got only killed by rockets, that really sucked, those players seemed not to be able to use other weapons. Later on the game crashed, cause the euroserver seemed to have issues :(

On our DM servers, we have made the score limit 30, with frags giving you one point.

Also, our coop servers-the single player ones have starting weapons, so no more worring about the mimes in UnityHQ level! :D

And if you have any different ways you like the servers, you can send the requests to servers@nolfworld.net.

And Natter, we arent playin around with the settings anymore, it was just the first week or so of our servers, we wanted to see how it was all gonna work out and be best for the settins :P:)