Sound Problems

Hi there fellow NOLF Players.

I was wondering if you could help me with this little problem i have here.

I have recently installed my NOLF 2 again, but it seems that the speech has decided not to work anymore.

i have tried all the methods in the NOLF 2 readme file, and also tryed several other thing i found around NOLF Forums.

i have tried to install patches, but the game seems to Lock up when i try to start if after the patch is installed.

I have a PC with:

AMD Athlon 2000+ CPU

Nvidia FX5500 Graphics Card

1 GB DDR RAM

MSI K7N2 Motherboard with Nvidia nForce 2 Chipset

OnBoard Sound (Nvidia nForce Audio Codec Interface(According to my device manager))

I Hope thats enough information. :)

Hope you can help me, as the conversations in NOLF is one of the funniest thing in the game.(and Subtitels isn´t quite as good :) )

Try the methods listed in those links Bella posted and if you're still having the issue let me know and we'll do what we can to get you taken care of.

ps: Welcome to the Unityhq forum

It seems i forgot to mention i run on Windows XP Pro. :)

have tried all the stuff in both suggestions, except installing patches.

Everytime i´ve installed a patch the game seems to lock up in a black screen before showing the game company movies.

It seems i forgot to mention i run on Windows XP Pro. :)

have tried all the stuff in both suggestions, except installing patches.

Everytime i´ve installed a patch the game seems to lock up in a black screen before showing the game company movies.

So is your Nolf 2 version 1.3?

Go ahead and patch it with the patch here in the unity downloads. Also get the two mappacks that we released the same time as the patch (adds the multiplayer maps for the new gametypes)

when you run it the first time make sure your firewall or virus scanner isn't interfering with it. I know I have Macaffe and it seem like it takes forever to start it the first time after each reboot (seems to be a trait of the macaffe) as it tries to real time scan the exe.

I got it working now :D

it seems that i just needed to set the Lichtech.exe file to win98 compatility mode

and all the sound works now :)

Thanks for the help

Glad it worked out. :specool: