Router Issues

Hey all,

I recently got NOLF 2 and really enjoyed it, but I can't get the multiplayer to work. I have two computers and the gaming one connects to my Cable hookup through a BEFSR41 Etherfast Router. When i try to log on to the multiplayer server i get the WS_ServerReq_NoServersSpecified error message and sometimes the Invalid CD Key msg too making it seem like the Master Server is down, but it isnt. Tech support was useless, I've tried opening ports (which I could've done wrong), and it would be a major pain to switch the connections of my comps putting the gaming one through the main cable line. Please Help!

As I have one of those routers are you using the zonealarm that you can use with it or are you firewalled on the individual PCs ?

If you are using ZoneAlarm from the router you need to make sure the game has access at that point.

I'm pretty sure I'm firewalled, but i could be using zonealarm is there any way I could check to see if ZoneAlarm is there?

From Internet Explorer (I'm assuming it's set to the default IP) type http://192.168.1.1 then input your password (check your manual as I'd rather not broadcast your default password)

then click the security tab and it will tell you if Zonealarm is enabled.

From the desktops you should have a ZA in the system tray by the clock. Also if you are running XP service pack 2 your Windows firewall may be on since it enables by default when SP2 is installed.

From Internet Explorer (I'm assuming it's set to the default IP) type http://192.168.1.1 then input your password (check your manual as I'd rather not broadcast your default password)

then click the security tab and it will tell you if Zonealarm is enabled.

From the desktops you should have a ZA in the system tray by the clock. Also if you are running XP service pack 2 your Windows firewall may be on since it enables by default when SP2 is installed.

Its Disabled

Norton Antivirus 2004

From the Norton's site though this is the 2005 interface your's is probably similar

Follow the procedure on this page

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.n...sv_lvl=&seg=hho

that should help you check the settings for your Nolf 2 program