Game controller option is not available

Anyone knows why NOLF2 doesn't detect my WingMan Extreme gamepad? Is there a patch? So far, this controller works with practically all the games except this one. Please help because I can't seem get an answer from Sierra, the game maker.

Cheers!! :huh:

Anyone knows why NOLF2 doesn't detect my WingMan Extreme gamepad? Is there a patch? So far, this controller works with practically all the games except this one. Please help because I can't seem get an answer from Sierra, the game maker.

Cheers!! :huh:

First welcome to the unityhq forum B)

couple quick basics.

I assume you are patched to the version 1.3 of Nolf 2?

Also what OS are you using (windows XP?)

The basic troubleshooting for that particular controller:

Examine the game controller connection to the game port

If you use a game port game controller, verify that the game controller is connected directly to the game port in your computer. "Daisy-chained" game controllers or game port adaptors can interfere with communication between the game port and the game controller.

If you use a USB game controller, verify that the game controller is correctly connected to the USB port in your computer or to a compatible USB hub that is connected to the USB port in your computer.

If you use a USB game controller, try removing any additional USB devices such as cameras, scanners, or additional game controllers that are not being used.

Disable any profiling software

Many game controllers come with what is known as "profiling software". This software can let you assign actions such as keyboard commands or multiple input "macros" to a single button on your device. Profiling software can sometimes interfere with a game that cannot accept this kind of input. For information about how to disable your profiling software, contact the manufacturer of your game controller.

Note If you use a SideWinder game controller, disable the SideWinder Game Device Profiler or the SideWinder Game Controller software. To do this, right-click the Game Device Profiler icon or the Game Controller Software icon in the notification area, and then click Unload or click Disable.

cause of the age of Nolf 2 this next part might be something to try

Confirm that your game controller is assigned to Controller ID 1 or that it is the preferred device

Some games do not recognize game controllers that are not assigned to Controller ID 1.

To verify that your game controller is assigned to Controller ID 1 in Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition (Me), Windows 2000 and XP, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

2. Double-click Game Controllers.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. If the game controller that you want to use is not assigned to Controller ID 1, click Change.

5. In the Game Controllers box, click the game controller that you want to use, and then click the UP ARROW or the DOWN ARROW to change the Selected ID value to 1.

6. Click OK, and then click OK again.

7. Quit Control Panel.

To configure your game controller as the preferred device in Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Click Printers and Other Hardware.

3. Click Game Controllers.

4. Click Advanced.

5. Under Preferred device, select the game controller that you want to use, and then click OK.

6. Click OK to close the Games Controllers dialog box.

Thanks to you, my friend. Now the game detects the gamepad, but I don't think that I want to use it. The gamepad is very limited to a few moves, so I'll use the keyboard and mouse instead.

Cheers

Glad you got it to recognize it with my advice. I'm a keyboard/mouse nolfer too ;)

Keyboard? Blah. I'm a joystick gal, all the way! Currently using a Logitech ATK3. :D

On the consoles using a keyboard/mouse combo in the online games can get you accused of being a cheater since it gives you a noticeable advantage over the standard game controller. :)

I have noticed I'm not able to manage some jumps that people on the keyboards can do in NOLF2. Nearly all the off-map areas we've designated as 'cheating zones' I can't jump to with my stick. Why this is, I have no idea. :P