Screen Problem!!!

Okay so we got a new flat LC-something ViewSonic screen and it "blinks"

everytime i play a game (only CSS and NOLF2), about 6 times a minute on CSS

and about 20+ times a minute on NOLF2 (sorry Moody, our 1on1 and Cheese's theory

on how you are impossible to beat 1on1 will have to wait :(:lol: ) so yeah, umm,

we installed the CD that came with the monitor and its plugged-in good so i have

no idea and thus am here crawling back to you uber geeks for help.

and about 20+ times a minute on NOLF2 (sorry Moody, our 1on1 and Cheese's theory

on how you are impossible to beat 1on1 will have to wait :(:lol: ) so yeah, umm,

we installed the CD that came with the monitor and its plugged-in good so i have

Try enabling vsync.

vsync is a setting on the monitor. Are you using a digital cable or analog one?

another to check is the monitor MHZ setting for refresh rate. Most good lcd monitors can support 60-75MHZ just fine.

another to check is the monitor MHZ setting for refresh rate. Most good lcd monitors can support 60-75MHZ just fine.

Just set the refresh rate to 60 for an LCD monitor. Since LCDs don't have refresh rates they just report 60 to make Windows happy.

Oh, and I recommend using a DVI cable if you can. You'll get a better picture.

How can i tell if my cable is digital or analog?

Okay, so i did the refresh thing and put it to 60,

it was perfect, it only blinked once in awhile, and then

i was playing NOLF2 and my lag was unbearable so i thought

it was the fact that my detail was in high so i put it to normal

so i wont lag, and then my whole monitor was resetted or something

and it blinked like crazy so i put it back to high and it didnt change anything!

so now im back to where i was, no, worse because not only do i lag horribly,

my screen keeps blinking AND i have the refresh rate at 60! ...

help me Moody or youll never get the honor to be beaten by me! :o

anolg cable ends are usually blue the Digital isn't. Also analog connection to the vid card is blue and the digital is white usually.

IPB Image

The blue connector in this pic is for an Analog connection. The other for DVI (digital)

That's a single-link DVI-D. :) The only reason I mention that is there are some variants on the DVI connector so if you have something slightly different you should still be ok.

Oh, the VGA connector is also know as a 15 pin D-Sub. My monitor is labeled with the D-Sub terminology. :sigh:

something else to look at: look at your monitor's manual. It should say what resolutions are supported by it. If nolf and CSS are running in an unsupported resolution, your monitor will be hating life and expressing that fact to you.

Thanks, ill be sure to try that sling...even thought i hate manuels,

their so boring and dont have pictures damnit! makes me wonder

if reading that manuel is worth ever playing NOLF2 again...hmmm :huh:

Thanks, ill be sure to try that sling...even thought i hate manuels,

their so boring and dont have pictures damnit! makes me wonder

if reading that manuel is worth ever playing NOLF2 again...hmmm :huh:

Do you have easy access to another computer? If you do, see if you can swap video cables for a quick test. (Make sure the cable is firmly connected and is screwed in properly. ;-)) If the problem goes away you need a new cable. If the problem persists return the cable you borrowed and then hook your monitor up to the other PC (installing the monitor driver, too) and try NOLF 2 on it. If the problem happens then I would suspect your monitor. If the problem doesn't happen I would suspect your video card. I'd also make sure you have the latest monitor driver from the manufacturer.

Oh, just which particular model Viewsonic do you have? A trip through Viewsonic's support base might be useful.

Do you have easy access to another computer? If you do, see if you can swap video cables for a quick test. (Make sure the cable is firmly connected and is screwed in properly. ;-)) If the problem goes away you need a new cable. If the problem persists return the cable you borrowed and then hook your monitor up to the other PC (installing the monitor driver, too) and try NOLF 2 on it. If the problem happens then I would suspect your monitor. If the problem doesn't happen I would suspect your video card. I'd also make sure you have the latest monitor driver from the manufacturer.

Oh, just which particular model Viewsonic do you have? A trip through Viewsonic's support base might be useful.

Thank you for all the help my geek-speeking Yu-Gi-Oh-playing friend...

In return for your help ill get you a date with a real live female with

real boobies like i promised you, and no, she live wont inside the monitor...

althought i cant promise shell be as attracted to you as you are to her. :P

Ahem, back to the topic, ill try to get my hands on the manuel because the monitor

only says ViewSonic and has three little cute birdies at the top left corner and

i doubt the name of the monitor has the word bird in it.