UnityHQ Chat?

For a few months we've had a 'Live Chat' option in the forums. Since it costs around $8.00 a month to have it running, unless a bunch of people say otherwise I'm going to pull the plug on it. I rarely see anyone using it, but maybe I'm just not around at the right times.

So if you want to keep the chat going, please post here within the next couple days as the bill is due again soon. Thanks!

When I saw this post, my first reaction was, "Oh no, we are about to lose a freebie!" *Ahem* An underutilized feature of the forums. Naturally, I clicked on it immediately and that's when I realized... I run Firefox WITHOUT the Java plugin. (adware free ever since btw) Live chat won't run for me. So... buh-bye live chat. That is my take on it.

When I saw this post, my first reaction was, "Oh no, we are about to lose a freebie!" *Ahem* An underutilized feature of the forums. Naturally, I clicked on it immediately and that's when I realized... I run Firefox WITHOUT the Java plugin. (adware free ever since btw) Live chat won't run for me. So... buh-bye live chat. That is my take on it.

in Firefox 1.5 chat runs just fine FYI

<------the same, always empty..........its a shame to loose it, but its not worth paying $8 for.

Edited by {SFI} ONYX

in Firefox 1.5 chat runs just fine FYI

But it requires the Java runtime module to work, doesn't it? I figured the reason why it won't work in my Firefox is because I won't install the Java plugin for Firefox. Either way, thanks for the heads up! I am updating to the latest version of Firefox now!

yah dump it...

ive gone in there a few times, and never once seen sum1 else in there...

ppl come to the forums to post...not to chat in that thingy...

they chat in nolf, or on msn...

it was a nice idea though...srry for the $8 loss for a few months :(

Oh well, it never hurts to try new things, right? The chat has been cancelled and will stop being available later in the month. Teamspeak and MSN seem to be the way to go. Thanks for all the feedback. :)