Nolf 3 wish

Eliteone

If they were to make a nolf 3 I'd hope that they would improve the serverside and allow customized message of the day like most other games allow to be customized (to direct people to maps etc)

or even a redirect ability or autodownloading from the server if a client is missing a map.

1. Keep bananas

2. Take away the phos

3. No blank names allowed

4. Take away the rockets and add a grenade launcher

5. Take better care of the masterservers

6. Change the sniper to a better one (you cant zoom enough with this one)

7. Bring back the mines from nolf1

8. Improve DM since it sucks compared to Nolf1 DM

9. Keep the DD (best mode ever)

10. No more glitches please

1) The rocket to only have one shot.

2) Phos will only come every third bullet in an ordinary magazine of ammo.

3) A rotten egg - a tag you throw at someone which gives them a cloud of smelly green haze around their character for a while, so you can see them camping or coming round corners.

4) Snipers can lay down.

5) a ladder in the map somewhere, you can climb up it and look/shoot over walls etc. (but can't jump off it), and while carrying it you cannot shoot (like the core carrying).

How unimaginative! If there is to be a NOLF3, it won't be a NOLF2 with just a few tweaks. It will have an all new storyline, new weapons, new gadgets, etc. etc.

It will also have to feature all the things we have come to expect from every new game nowadays:

- the autodownload feature

- punkbuster

- more and better server options, etc.

But since a NOLF3 would most likely be based on the brand new engine they made for F.E.A.R. (and you wouldn't do that for just one game, now would you?) this shouldn't have to be a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an example of what I think a new NOLF should look like:

Say, you have a mission in a kind of castle in Russia - something between the French castle from View to a Kill and the Hermitage.

*Location - NOLF always had interesting, colourful, exotic locations - they should definitely keep that

There is a security perimeter and there are several ways to get in: storm the front entrance, sneak by the guards, climb the wall, storm the rear entrance, sneak through the rear entrance, hide in a visiting van.

*Nonlinearity - Monolith has been trying this in FEAR, and I think it's the way to go

Of course Cate has to steal something.

*It's a SNEAKER-shooter, let's keep it that way

This done, it's a quick change (mirror scene reminiscent of the shower scene in NOLF1?) and downstairs to bluff your way into the ball.

*Spies do a lot of infiltrating, so why not change your skin and try to fit in? If Bond can wear a smoking under his scuba gear, then why not Cate a little black dress under her burglar's outfit?

Here Cate has to steal stuff from the guests, by pickpocketing.

*FEAR has hand-to-hand combat and it's a great idea. I think they should have this and expand on it for NOLF 3, with more spy-related moves.

But one person is impossible to get to, due to lots of bodyguards, so the solution is to ask him to dance. This is a kind of movement puzzle, trying to follow his moves and pickpocket at the same time.

*I liked the unusual missions on NOLF (falling out of the plane, whack-a-mole with the mime king) - it's good for variatin, keeping the game fresh

But, just as she gets what she wants, she's found out - someone in the crowd saying 'but that's not the countess of whatchamacallit!' or stepping on his toes? Everyone suddenly stops and is staring at her. Now it's a matter of getting out, escaping all the guards. Difficulties could be not shooting the guests, not hitting the art on the wall (sets off the alarm, locking down the place).

*parts of the route could be regular shooter, parts with the added difficulties - variation of spice makes for good eating

The extraction point is somewhere on the other side of the city. How to get there? You can sneak out the gate and get a regular car from the street, you could even walk, but you could also go into the parking lot/garage and steal one of the cars of the guests - carchase ensues, with lots of jumps and stunts

*Monolith wanted to do a carchase for FEAR, but failed to make it work. For NOLF3 they'll definitely have to go this way. What's a spy movie without lots of cool vehicles to drive/fly/hang under? To differentiate from regular racers, you could for example, drive a Rolls. Elsewhere there would of course be chases with the requisite spy gadgets like dropping oil or nails.

*If they'd have the Havoc engine, they could put lots of boxes and stuff in the way because what's a carchase without knocking over lots of cartboard boxes? Similarly, the new FEAR engine has lots of spark effects - cool for when you scratch a wall.

This is the kind of thing I'd be looking for - keeping the strenghts of the NOLF games and adding the abilities of up-to-date technology. I don't care if any particular weapon or gadget fromt the previous games comes back - as long as they've learned what we like and the new stuff is just as fun or better.

i think what we need best...is whats kept this community alive the best...

if we can get brains together in this community to spend about a year and a half to make this, we could get it done ourselves...

Wiky, Spawn, Cody, Dave, Pepper, Zero....we could pull this off...

(realistically, it will never happen though)

i think we should take the things from each game that are really succesful like...

the favorite maps...bring EACH gametype from everygame...

then bring the tags since ppl love them, bring the corrector from nolf1 since everyone loves that...the hard part now...

is what to go with...

nolf1 play style...or nolf2/CJ...

nolf1 - faster running, lots of jumping, out in the open shooting...

nol2/CJ - hide behind walls and lean, slower game...

and if we wanna do a SP...take some of the fun SP missions from each, and put them in CJ type graphics :D

like, maybe its just me...but i loved the nolf1 level with the vault...or was it a bank...i forget, but it was fun :D

I think it should include some of cate's background as a criminal coming back to bite her in the butt.... say someone high up in harm being a relative and she is conflicted... (then decisions can be made by the player to determine the outcome of the game)

I agree , there should be more character conflicts, double agents, U.N.I.T.Y. agents committing

duplicitous acts, i.e. Cate in Morrocco enlisting the female tourist into distracting some HARM killers, then

circling around to shoot them.

Also the use of fabrics. Unfurling a sail. Hoisting it , allowing the wind to fill it, then pivoting the mast

to have the sail lapse then fill again. Folding up a parachute after landing and stuffing it under some bushes. Pitching a tent. Inflating a Zodiac boat, deflating and packing into a neat bundle later.

yah, cuz i can run through SP in no time, cuz the guards are retards...

just run in guns a blazing...

they are gone...

i think they should just as fast a shot as us...

but then again, thats impossible to make as fast, and good a shot as me :P

jk, i suck :P

Sonic Goo' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:54 PM' post='26560']

Well, a new NOLF3 would likely be based on the same engine that's used for FEAR and the AI there is the best I've seen yet. :)

well I doubt about the AI, but graphic was always impresive B)

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but I've only just arrived here at UHQ and I've had some really cool ideas for NOLF3 in the past:

The option to play as different characters and each one would have different skills. Bruno would be good at general marksmanship and is a good gunner, but rubbish at stealth. Cate would be just overall balanced. Isako (Since she defected at the end of NOLF1) would be excellent at stealth, but would have sub-standard skills with weapons other than Shruiken, Katanas and a new weapon I've came up with; the smoke bomb. I will come to that in a bit.

I've also came up with a few weapons:

Bow:

Kinda like the Crossbow, except it is GARANTEED to kill no matter where it hits; arm, leg, body, head, wherever, it will certainly kill. The downside is that it takes 15 seconds to reload, and reduces the speed of your movement when wielding it. It cannot use a scope.

Smoke Bomb:

Throw like a grenade, and it creates a cloud of smoke that lasts for approximately 20 seconds. Enemies cannot see into it, so it allows you to sneak through undetected. It also creates a nice distraction.

Corrector:

'Nuff said. I missed it in NOLF2.

More to come tommorow. I have to go right now.

Bow:

Kinda like the Crossbow, except it is GARANTEED to kill no matter where it hits; arm, leg, body, head, wherever, it will certainly kill. The downside is that it takes 15 seconds to reload, and reduces the speed of your movement when wielding it. It cannot use a scope.

Except that is the exact opposite of what a arrow does. Arrows kill by blood loss. :) And from a gaming perspective 'instant-death' weapons aren't fun. They make the game boring.

But didn't the NOLF1 Sniper Rifle automatically kill no matter what too? It's a long time since I last completed that game, however. Anyway, more ideas:

In NOLF2 I missed the "Get off the ship/base/whatever because it is going to sink/explode/inplode/whatever" missions from NOLF1. I throughly enjoyed the Aeroplane, Cargo Freiter and HARM Space Station levels in NOLF1. The only one of those sort of levels NOLF2 had was the ending bit of the Underwater Base mission, and I found that one a bit maze-like. NOLF3 needs more of those.

More melee weapons. Like a Battleaxe, Kitchen Knife, Dagger (Which can be tipped with poison.) or simply a melee attack system like Halo where you can just use the gun you are wielding to hit your opponent.

Less paranoid guards. Look at it this way; if you worked in an office, you wouldn't go "Who's there?" every time you heard footsteps!

The FEAR engine! ;)

But didn't the NOLF1 Sniper Rifle automatically kill no matter what too? It's a long time since I last completed that game, however. Anyway, more ideas:

Headshots did with most weapons, but the sniper rifle wasn't an insta-kill weapon. I think the closest thing was the super-atomic laser pistol.

I'm pretty sure it did with CPU grunts. The SALP always killed, yes, but was never availible in multiplayer so that doesn't count. :P

• 3 months later...

I think it should include some of cate's background as a criminal coming back to bite her in the butt.... say someone high up in harm being a relative and she is conflicted... (then decisions can be made by the player to determine the outcome of the game)

That sound allot like Volkov

I really want Sierra get off their duff and start working on what all we been waiting for Nolf 3, and here are some facts that can help:

1) Return Volkov to his HARM throne, because he was born to kill Cate.

2) Add more chapters; scenes; missions like in Nolf 1, it had allot of play time, but to make more missions to Nolf 3 than Nolf 1 had, would make it even more appealing.

3) Add a bit more freedom to the game, like more killing options or bigger mission space.

4) More weapons and gadges would be nice.

5) Make acid granade/gadget more deadlier than in Nolf 2.

6) Yes, I would too like some carchases, either you shoot and your partner drives, or vice versa, or you drive by yourself.

7) Keep making touching stories, (everybody has their sensative side, even for Nightmare).

8) (Optional)- Add another faction that can get in both HARMs and UNITY way.

I guess that all I can think off right now, but I'm sure there could be some other cool things added to it, and some kept.

P.S.

( I love Nolf wooo )