NOLF 3...there is still hope!

[ST] KillCrafter

I don't come here much anymore but when I found this I had to post it. That is why [sT] is still on my name, lol. Anyways, there is still hope of a NOLF 3! Today, I went looking to see if NOLF3.com coud be bought. However, of course, it was sold. I did some more looking around and I found it was bought by fox! So, I think if they weren't making the game, why keep paying the fee for the domain. Anyways, here is what I found:

Registrant:

Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation (DOM-365985)

10201 W. Pico Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90035 US

Domain Name: nolf3.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com

Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com

Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact:

Fox Webmaster (NIC-14208203) Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation

Intellectual Property Department P.O. Box 900 Beverly Hills CA 90213 US

wmf@fox.com +1.3103691000 Fax- -

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:

Network Data Communications (NIC-14264490) Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation

P.O. Box 900 Beverly Hills CA 90213 US

dns.support@fox.com +1.3103691000 Fax- -

Created on..............: 2002-Oct-01.

Expires on..............: 2006-Oct-01.

Record last updated on..: 2005-Sep-27 16:22:16.

I also like seeing the Record last update not being so long ago! This could really mean something. I know it was bought way back in 2002 when NOLF 2 came out but why would they buy it for 4 years or why would they buy it at all if they didn't already have something planned.

And on one last note (this has nothing to do with the domain), at the very end of the game...after the credits roll, they have some more cutscenes. One talks about Cate not being good and the other one I remember is the Diractor saying "The world has not seen the last of H.A.R.M.!" They just need to finish off the seires. I want to know what HARM stands for!!!

• 2 months later...

nolf3.com still under Fox ownership... let us pray... Game Gods, let there be concensus at Fox and enlighten them so they may decide and announce soon a third version of NOLF.. (hopefully unlike Contract J.A.C.K.).. Amen! :huh:

Ron

nolf3.com still under Fox ownership... let us pray... Game Gods, let there be concensus at Fox and enlighten them so they may decide and announce soon a third version of NOLF.. (hopefully unlike Contract J.A.C.K.).. Amen! :huh:

Ron

Welcome to Unityhq :D

and AMEN to the wish of Nolf 3

In January 2004 Monolith announced they would release 4 games in 2004-5. In February 2005 they repeated the same message. They have released 3 games and have yet to name the 4th one. The last two Marches they announced , F.E.A.R. and Condemned. I'm expecting news next month. If not, then at E3 in May.

The KEY is when will the market start accepting, "Character Based FPS Games"? If we see them springing up our luck may change! :)

• 7 months later...

You all that is hoping to see a nolf3 shud meantime go and get yourself the first Thief game

Yes Thief: The Dark Project the best game ever made, I'm so sorry for saying this in this holy Nolf place but it's the truth :P

After you've realised that it's a great game you'll go and get yourself the second one Thief 2: The metal Age

And after that you should be stuck in it and you'll have to get yourself the third and the last part Thief: Deadly Shadows (wich has a quite lame title...) :lol:

I'm a huge fan of games with a great story, that's why the nolf and thief series are the best games ever made

If your still waiting for nolf3 to be announced why not gice thief a shot while your waiting?

Both games has a great storyline a great main charachter and nice locations to play in

You just have to change Cate to Garrett and after that you'll have years of fun with them both

the reaon of why I play Nolf2 more than Thief is because u can play nolf online, thief is a singleplayer game but in all gams a great storyline

in the thief forums it's discussed wheter it's going to be another Thief 4 instead of here a Nolf3, I believe none of them will be made, or atleast not in a while

This is just a tip, so please don't come here and tell it that it sux, you could of course sit down and wait for a nolf3 but why not try a game that is quite similiar to it? :)

There is a section for talking about other games in the forums. I suggest you use that to promote Thief instead of hijacking a NOLF thread, an old dead one at that. There are a lot of games that are similar to NOLF, but they just aren't the same. NOLF is unique and it has some very loyal followers. So post in the correct area otherwise there will no doubt be a bunch of posts telling you to take a flying leap for daring to suggest anything could be a replacement for NOLF. ;)

Oh, to prevent those posts, I'm closing this topic. Feel free to start a Thief topic in the Other PC Games section.