Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mysteryman912

Cshell.dll error

13 posts in this topic

Hey im trying to play in hungarian underground server but when i try to get in it. It says cshell.dll error check if you have same version or modification as the server and im running 1.004 version that i downloaded from nolfrevival can anyone help me please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not familiar with what they have put on their site. Is it the GOTY edition or regular one?

 

You might try reaching out to them to see if they are providing any support with it.

I assume they've repackaged it somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On some maps I get the same error.  I can now see all servers within the game, but I can't join any because of that error or because of my version isn't the same as on server or missing   .dat file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mimi said:

On some maps I get the same error.  I can now see all servers within the game, but I can't join any because of that error or because of my version isn't the same as on server or missing   .dat file. 

We have all the patches for NOLF in the downloads. Are you seeing that on custom maps or randomly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see it i'm missing .dat files on custom maps and the others I think it the cshell thing going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you add to many maps into nolf, the last ones gets ignored. 
(Nolf.exe (dont hit launch) -> Advanced -> Customize -> don't add here too many maps).

I have it several times too, I added the maps and I want to join the server, but I get kicked out because I'm missing the map or a .dat file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, egoicepick said:

When you add to many maps into nolf, the last ones gets ignored. 
(Nolf.exe (dont hit launch) -> Advanced -> Customize -> don't add here too many maps).

I have it several times too, I added the maps and I want to join the server, but I get kicked out because I'm missing the map or a .dat file. 

If you download the mappacks from our download you won't have the problem of too many maps as we've bundled them into single rez files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For nolf 1?  I will try to just use the main one and see if that works. I have Fox.rez and Nolf1_mp_final.rez or something like that.  None of the maps work.  Same errors.  I've tried using the maps from the download sections.  Maybe I have the wrong ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mimi said:

For nolf 1?  I will try to just use the main one and see if that works. I have Fox.rez and Nolf1_mp_final.rez or something like that.  None of the maps work.  Same errors.  I've tried using the maps from the download sections.  Maybe I have the wrong ones. 

I assume you are patched to the latest version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I've found the problem.  I didn't see the new launcher for it.  I was going in game and joining the servers from there.  Nothing worked. After I installed the launcher I could get in.  The launcher only showed 1 server active, but if I go to in game and check the servers there are tons.  I can then get into most of them.  There were only a few that I can't probably because I don't have the maps.  All is good.  Now to find when anyone is playing.  These servers seam to show up instantly compared to the nolf 2 servers. 

 

Is there a way to get Nolf 2 servers to work in game too?

Edited by mimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mimi said:

Ok so I've found the problem.  I didn't see the new launcher for it.  I was going in game and joining the servers from there.  Nothing worked. After I installed the launcher I could get in.  The launcher only showed 1 server active, but if I go to in game and check the servers there are tons.  I can then get into most of them.  There were only a few that I can't probably because I don't have the maps.  All is good.  Now to find when anyone is playing.  These servers seam to show up instantly compared to the nolf 2 servers. 

 

Is there a way to get Nolf 2 servers to work in game too?

There's a launcher for NOLF 2 also. Since the master server shutdown they don't show up in the game itself natively anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, thanks,  I found that the launcher for nolf 1 works better than the nolf 2 one.   Although in game shows way more servers active than from the launcher. 

The nolf 2 servers from the launcher take a lot of refreshes to even show up for me.  In game it shows invalid cd key even though I have 2 of them.  I'm guessing because of the master server shut down.  It would be nice though to have it like nolf 1 and see them in game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0