Install NOLF 1 on a Mac

Hello there,

so i have this old NOLF (german) CD lying here around for ages and tried to install the game on my Mac (el Capitan) via a wine wrapper. Installation worked fine and I also managed to get around the "insert CD2" notification . Before the game starts I can do some settings like resolution and so on. But when I start the game the screen is black (after shortly been white) and then quits.

What can I do about this? Has anyone of you tried to install this game on an actual OS X machine lately?

thanks for the help

kind regards

suppenkasper

Hello there,

so i have this old NOLF (german) CD lying here around for ages and tried to install the game on my Mac (el Capitan) via a wine wrapper. Installation worked fine and I also managed to get around the "insert CD2" notification . Before the game starts I can do some settings like resolution and so on. But when I start the game the screen is black (after shortly been white) and then quits.

What can I do about this? Has anyone of you tried to install this game on an actual OS X machine lately?

thanks for the help

kind regards

suppenkasper

I know it had some issues with the newer Apple OS versions.

I believe MacPlay was the company that ported it over.

If you have an Intel Mac another option is to buy PC versions and use Crossover or Wineskin. We have Wineskin on our downloads HERE

One of our forum members Mike_mac provided the files and instructions for setting it up.

Hope that helps

Sadly this wineskin wrapper doesn't work for me. When trying to install NOLF there and selecting the Setup.exe, an X11 error occours and exists the installer.

WHich wineskin engine would be the best here?

Edited by suppenkasper

Sadly this wineskin wrapper doesn't work for me. When trying to install NOLF there and selecting the Setup.exe, an X11 error occours and exists the installer.

WHich wineskin engine would be the best here?

I know mac_mike had his working with the version we have in our downloads.