Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jettary

black screen when going underwater

5 posts in this topic

So I managed to find the cause of the problem, its the Nvidia Optimus, I play it on both PC and my laptop and found that on PC it's work just fine but except on laptop that has a black screen problem. I think that the issue come from the Intel driver, because the game using Intel Graphic Display rather than NVIDIA itself, I test this both with Intel Graphic installed and not, result is if I not install the Intel Graphic Driver the black screen issue will be solved but the game will run extremely lag

so to conclusion, if I can make a game run through the gpu display rather than cpu display, this issue will fix

the new driver surely dont like old game

This is such helpful info, THANK YOU! I think I'm going to have to try and fix my old desktop just to play it there are so many problems along with this one since getting my new laptop x___x

Look likes I manage to find a fix for this black screen underwater, the files from 'dgVoodoo 2' which fix this problem so if anyone still have a problem with this, use this file from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/572-dgvoodoo-2/ and copy D3D8.dll , D3DImm.dll and DDraw.dll to <path-to-game>.

Edited by Jettary

20 hours ago, Jettary said:

Look likes I manage to find a fix for this black screen underwater, the files from 'dgVoodoo 2' which fix this problem so if anyone still have a problem with this, use this file from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/572-dgvoodoo-2/ and copy D3D8.dll , D3DImm.dll and DDraw.dll to <path-to-game>.

Nice find. I've added it to our downloads here

Those files can work in other games as well. I haven't had any issues with NOLF but came across issues in other games. Blacks textures are often a problem in other games and those voodoo files tend to be the fix. Some virus software might have a fit over the old dll's but they are completely safe.

1 person likes this