NOLF1 Wont Start (Windows 10)

Well, there aint no "Techincal Difficulties" forum on this site so might as well post it here

So i installed NOLF1 On my pc (That has windows 10) and i used the 32bit installer (i dont have the goty edition) and when i run the game, it will act like it will start up, then it wont. the wheel on the mouse cursor will show that somethings loading but then it wont open. i have tried everything, patching the thing to the latest versions, nothing. is anyone else have this problem?

Actually there is, Technical Support > NOLF 1 Technical Help. :) I've moved your thread to the appropriate forum for you.

I have it running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have the GotY edition, but patching it to 1.3 should be the same. I run it as an administrator, use the compatibility fix and the multiplayer launcher.

Actually there is, Technical Support > NOLF 1 Technical Help. :) I've moved your thread to the appropriate forum for you.

I have it running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have the GotY edition, but patching it to 1.3 should be the same. I run it as an administrator, use the compatibility fix and the multiplayer launcher.

Used the multiplayer launcher and it works now! thanks.

Well I'm having no luck so far on Win 8.1 - It just won't launch and I've tried all the updates, running it as admin, compatibility mode. I'll try the multiplayer launcher but I really only wan't to play the story mode.

@FortranDragon what compaitbility fix are you referring to? I can't see anything like that in the downloads section, unless you just mean the patches?

EDIT: OK Well the multiplayer laucher does manage to launch the game but as it loads I get the MFC Applcation has stopped working error...arrgh I've been at this for hours and so close, an others have it running so why can't I get it going?

EDIT2: Interestingly I have 2 monitors and dual graphics cards, I noticed both screens would filcker and go black one after the other while launching just before the MFC error. On a hunch I disconnected the second monitor, now the game runs fine!

Edited by Zakalwe

Well I'm having no luck so far on Win 8.1 - It just won't launch and I've tried all the updates, running it as admin, compatibility mode. I'll try the multiplayer launcher but I really only wan't to play the story mode.

@FortranDragon what compaitbility fix are you referring to? I can't see anything like that in the downloads section, unless you just mean the patches?

EDIT: OK Well the multiplayer laucher does manage to launch the game but as it loads I get the MFC Applcation has stopped working error...arrgh I've been at this for hours and so close, an others have it running so why can't I get it going?

EDIT2: Interestingly I have 2 monitors and dual graphics cards, I noticed both screens would filcker and go black one after the other while launching just before the MFC error. On a hunch I disconnected the second monitor, now the game runs fine!

The "compatibility fix" I was thinking about is actually this one http://unityhq.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=112, the Fix for Mouse Stutter & Framerate. The installed file is names NOLFCompatFix.sdb so that's why I remember it as the compatibility fix. Sorry for an confusion.

I run the game with dual monitors, but a single graphics card. I guess it is the combination of two cards and two monitors that is the issue. (Especially if you have SLI or Crossfire enabled for other games)

• 9 months later...

i have same issue. Running Game of the year and it wont load on the windows 10. I have tried Admin rights and all the compatibility mods as well.

Is it giving a specific error?

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic, but I managed to get the game to run by forcing vertical sync ON. So many hours spent with hit and miss.

Anyway, I didn't set any compatibility either and it's the GOTY edition running perfectly at 1920 x 1080.

Try going to either Radeon settings or Nvidia control panel to set V Sync On for this game only.

Hope it helps.

My V Sync fix didn't last long, so I'll give that a try @Eliteone

It's odd because a fix will work on first play and then the second time, say later in the day, the game won't start at all.