Graphical bugs when in or around water causing NOLF1 to be unplayable

On 01/07/2016 at 0:59 AM, Dircules said:

In the end, I hit on how I made the game run (years ago, you remember my post above?)

The point was to apply the altered NVidia settings (set in NVidia Control Center) *not* on NOLF.EXE but on LITHTECH.EXE which is housed in the same directory (and obviously the "inner" game executable). Neither the transparent-texture flashes nor the underwater blackscreen appear any more, but as mentioned, now flickering inter-menus are torturing me between the chapters (and with watching the level orders, etc). Well, at least it's playable that way.

The altered changes? WHAT CHANGES???

I get the water glitch on Win8.1, both with CPU graphics and dedicated Nvidia GPU. Is there some change I can make in the Nvidia control panel which fixes it?

Please send help

I would disable control of the game in the Nvidia control panel and let the game manage it's own settings to start out.

• 2 months later...
On 22.6.2017 at 12:28 AM, Theon said:

The altered changes? WHAT CHANGES???

I get the water glitch on Win8.1, both with CPU graphics and dedicated Nvidia GPU. Is there some change I can make in the Nvidia control panel which fixes it?

Please send help

If you have a NVidia card in your computer, you probably got their control panel included to change certain 3D settings. In my system, that would be

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe

but you may find your individual links on your desktop or in your taskbar. Anyway, once opened you go to

3D Settings > Maintain 3D Settings > Program Settings (hope I translated that right from my control panel's german version).

Click 'Add' to add a profile, and look for the lithtech.exe file in your NOLF installation folder (1).

Change 'Global' to your NVidia processor and fool around with the settings (2). I can't give you generally valid prescription what you have to do there, you just have to try and error some switches - but don't forget: the file you have to work on is not nolf.exe but lithtech.exe.

You have to perform changes to see the 'Save' button. Click it and start the game to test your settings (create a save game where the glitch appears).

Try out different changes until you get acceptable results; this might take you 10 minutes if you're lucky, or an afternoon otherwise. If I had the game installed right now, I'd have attached my settings here for an example, sorry.

nvidia_cp.jpg

Edited by Dircules
more info
  • Like 1