Installing NOLF2 mappack 2 on non-english versions

Hi there! Many people who bought a "foreign" version of NOLF2 (non-English) have experienced issues while trying to install the official mappack 2. Here's how to do it in a few simple steps.

1) All you need to do is download the official 1.3 update and both mappacks right here in check the download section. Install update 1.3 and mappack 1 first, but not the mappack 2 - at least yet.

2) Click "Start" and then "Launch" or "Run", I don't remember exactly (I'm French, sorry! ;) ) then, in the small command line, type "regedit" and hit enter.

3) This will open the registration keys editor.

4) As you will see, there are folders on the left, and the keys will appear on the right. Browse folders as follows:

HKEY_LOCALE_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Monolith Productions/No One Lives Forever 2/1.0

5) On the right, look for the key that's called "Net_Region_Code" (highlighted in the picture above) and double-click it. This will pop-up a new window.

6) The value represents your current language setting. Here, it's "FR" for French, it would be "IT" for Italian, etc. Change the current value to "EN" for English. Don't forget to note the original value before changing it!

...And click OK.

7) Exit regedit, and install your mappack 2. Yes, it works!

8) Now, before running your game, repeat steps 1 to 6 but replace "EN" by the original setting...

Done! B)

You really like this post! Ma pupute!

Don't you?

ranting2.gifposter_spam.gif

OMG Jacques, stop making usless posts everywhere. If you want to Spam, spam only in the Spam Sections. THAT'S where you Spam. Your post shouldn't even be in here. Someone should delete posts that are totally usless to the Topic. Instead of making some stupid pathetic posts, why don't you actually try to help with the topic or tell what a great thing they have done. If you wanted to ask someone if they liked this Topic, you can just IM them. Elite and Bella needs the Bandwidth to post all of the Maps, and etc.

Good job Genesis! You're greatly appreciated smile.gif

Keep up the great work

mrgreen.png

...said the girl with 240 posts in 10 days tongue.gif

But yes I agree; Please less useless posts...

...and back on topic!

Well....anyway...thanks for your work Genesis!

I bet there are still peeps out there who don't know this little trick vinsent.gif

• 8 months later...

Theres still players who cannot install

the mappack2 to the non-english-version.

Can we host the mappack002.rez file in the download section?

I have it in costums/resources folder and it works

without registry-tricks

Theres still players who cannot install

the mappack2 to the non-english-version.

Can we host the mappack002.rez file in the download section?

I have it in costums/resources folder and it works

without registry-tricks

we have this mappack on the downloads I believe or is there a german version you want us to host?

• 6 years later...

On Windows 7 x64, the registry path has slightly changed.

The NOLF2 keys are in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Monolith Productions/No One Lives Forever 2 :)