Getting No One Lives Forever to work on Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 last night and after everything was finished, I starting having problems getting NOLF to launch. I keep getting an error message that says "Access denied: Please login with administrator permissions and try again." I'm the only user my computer and according to UAC I have administrator permissions, so I'm not sure what's going on. The game was working fine on Windows 8.1 and this is the only game installed on my computer having this problem.

What should I do? Any help is appreciated.

I found the problem. More info can be found about it here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/secdrvsys-not-loading-in-windows-10-this-will/65a6fe83-08df-4760-b2ad-6b1ce61d40d4?auth=1

Installing the no CD mod from the downloads section on this website fixes it. Hopefully this helps someone else on this forum.

Edited by UnicornBarf

I found the problem. More info can be found about it here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/secdrvsys-not-loading-in-windows-10-this-will/65a6fe83-08df-4760-b2ad-6b1ce61d40d4?auth=1

Installing the no CD mod from the downloads section on this website fixes it. Hopefully this helps someone else on this forum.

Good information!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm going to give this a try and see if it works. I'll update this post with details. So far my efforts to install in Win10 64 bit have been partially successful. I can install it with the various 64 bit installer fixes but the game wont run.

UPDATE: As promised, I downloaded the NO CD mode for NOLF1 and it started right up. I'll continue to investigate tweaks to allow me to run in full HD mode, but at least I can now run the game on Win 10 64 bit

Here's the direct link to the download:

http://unityhq.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=52

Edited by title35esq

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
10 hours ago, Karol said:

Hello, I am new one, but I need to download NO-CD mod to run this game (hopefully) on WIN 10

On windows 10 you will need to use the GOTY version of the game to get it to work. 

• 1 month later...

Long story short, the version of NOLF i normally use is thoroughly incompatible with dgvoodoo2, so I decided to try using the GOTY iso file from this site, however, when I try to install it, I get this warning;

5a6ba15135d31_NOLFinstallproblem.JPG.709cefbac0801fb533367282dcdcee74.JPG

I even put the file mentioned into the right folder manually, and I still get this warning.

Has anyone else had this problem? 

On 1/26/2018 at 1:46 PM, AgentJay94 said:

Long story short, the version of NOLF i normally use is thoroughly incompatible with dgvoodoo2, so I decided to try using the GOTY iso file from this site, however, when I try to install it, I get this warning;

5a6ba15135d31_NOLFinstallproblem.JPG.709cefbac0801fb533367282dcdcee74.JPG

I even put the file mentioned into the right folder manually, and I still get this warning.

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Install the no CD patch for the game.