Consoles vs. PC

Eek, none. I mean, no recent game. For the oldise goldies, I usually use an emulator.

To be honest, there's not a single game that would make me buy a console. The only exception could be the GTA series, as I'm more than annoyed to see PC versions hit shelves 6 months after the Playstation version, without any real difference between the two. Except the resolution, of course. But I've never seen any console-only game that made me go "Wow, I gotta buy this right now". Not yet... wink.gif

I never used Consoles ( only my Gameboy )

Computer Games are really better than Consoles games!

When I heard someone talking about new PS2 video games, he never talks about the gameplay or the script. That's always about the cinematics?

Why not buying a good DVD biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

The good thing that a console game has other a PC game is the ability to have 3 & 4 player games with the people in the same room as you. Multiplayer is always much more run when you can cover your friends eyes when he's beating you in a race ;)

• 1 year later...

I am a big PC gamer and I've been playing PC games for almost 17 years now starting from such classics as Wolfenstein and Doom and Duke Nukem 3d. Even though I think some of the console games are good to play occasionally I wish PC gaming would be more popular nowadays. My favourite games are NOLF series of course, Tomb Raider series, Deus Ex 1 and 2, Advent Rising, Bloodrayne 1 and 2, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder when Bill Gates will come up with the PC vs. Xbox thing?

Do you know when will that be avaible?

BTW:

I have a game tag on xbox live and its Nightmare1 UHQ- Gues what UHQ stands for?!?

• 5 years later...

It seems to be going the other way now.

I know this OP is a little old, but it's interesting to see how many games are developed for consoles now and ported to PC later. Used to be the other way round :(

Gran Torino was console only as I recall. Would love to see that on a PC.

• 3 months later...

I started out this generation as a hard core PS3 user but now I just use my gaming laptop for errm gaming and let my wife play on the ps3. While the ps3 is great Sony is lacking in their firmware division, so what Linux (OtherOS) allows people to unlock the ps3, that doesn't mean you take it away and anger your customers in the process.. but I digress.

I love the controller and the games for the PS3. Uncharted (still haven't played 3 xD), Ratchet and Clank, Resistance series, Infamous 1 and 2 (150 percent better than prototype), Heavy Rain, LITTLE BIG PLANET :3, and MGS:4. But imo Sony made a crappy start, tried and made up for it, and now they are going downhill fast.

btw: RRR is an awesome game and the ending is so unexpected :3

Edited by ballju

• 4 months later...

So, I wasn't the only one who actually thought about this, I'm basically a PC gamer and some of the games that I'm huge fan of are released on every platform aside PC which annoyed me to the core. Such a couple of Bond video games are released on several consoles but just to anger the hardcore gamers, they are not released on PC. What the heck is that for? I wish "Agent Under Fire", "Everything or Nothing" and "From Russia With Love" gets released on PC. The same with "perfect dark" video games and "Wet" to be released for my Favourite platform. I don't bother with Xbox nor PS3 if you ask me, those consoles no longer belong to hardcore gamers but COD fans who are no other than noobs. Let's hope the gaming market crashes soon, and PC comes back to attention. Well, we still have TimeSplitters 4 in development, and I hope Nolf3 gets into the pipeline, as well. Cheers.

Edited by JamesBond