NOLF 1 on newer operating systems?

Hey, does anyone know if there is a thread in the forum that talks about loading NOLF1 on newer operating systems (mac and PC)? I know I found one but I can't seem to find it again lol

• 2 months later...

Hi All

I'd been having problems with NOLF crashing with a message saying "Client MFC Application has stopped working" with 2 of my computers.

The Problem started when I upgraded my Graphics Card from a Geforce 560 Ti To a Geforce GTX 760...well thats when it started, and for

8 months or more I could not figure out why NOLF stopped working. So today For the S&G's of it i decided to put the Nvidia 560 ti back into my old computer (where the game had been working great before) Windows 7 64 AMD Phenom II 965 o.c @ 3.7 Ghz and NOLF started working again! So I Went even further and tried the 560 ti on my Newer Computer build

Nvidia GTX 970 x2 SLI

Crosshair V Formula Z mobo 990 FXA Windows 7 64

AMD FX 9590 4.7 Ghz O.C. to 5.0 Ghz

Hyper X memory 1866 16 gb.

NOLF NOLF2 and C.J. performed flawless!

When I put the newer Graphics card back in my machines, NOLF stopped working!

Only Down Grading the Graphics Card Worked for me, Because anything above 560 ti wont work as far as i know... which has been my issue. The ATI 4250 HD Works ok with NOLF, but Im not a fan of ATI when it comes to NOLF.

In saying all of that...according to the nvidia website the 760 and 970 meet the requirements nolf needs to work but it doesnt. The 560 ti is from an older generation of graphics card and older is some times better in cases like this.

I am tired of messing with this now...Hope this helps with MFC issue

I play them with an Nvidia 960GT on Windows 10 without any issues. One thing I had to do for NOLF though is the run as administrator option when running it.

Our launchers in the downloads can help with compatibility also.

Hi Eliteone,

Thanks for the input! I went back and took out the 550 ti put the gtx 760 in my pc,

removed the current graphic driver 355.82 and everything nvidia and installed it again, started nolf in admin and I still got the MFC error...so i...removed driver 355.82 and installed driver 344.48 from last year...Game started right up on my 760...Weird..

I also perform a clean driver install...

Hi Eliteone,

Thanks for the input! I went back and took out the 550 ti put the gtx 760 in my pc,

removed the current graphic driver 355.82 and everything nvidia and installed it again, started nolf in admin and I still got the MFC error...so i...removed driver 355.82 and installed driver 344.48 from last year...Game started right up on my 760...Weird..

I also perform a clean driver install...

Odd I'm running the latest Nvidia driver on mine.

• 7 months later...