Open letter to the members of the UnityHQ Community

Eliteone

UnityHQ Nolfseries Community

I hope your new year is going well.

I am writing this because we seem to be at a crossroads at Unityhq.net.

We are not making our goals to keep the gameservers going 24/7

A few of us have come to the rescue month after month to keep them up.

We need others to help us or let us know if we are wasting our time and money to keep them up.

If you've moved on from the NOLF games let us know. Getting a gauge on how many are playing still will help

us allocate resources.

If you would like to help please use the Paypal donate buttons on the forum and website.

I apologize for the directness of this post. I have put about 10 years of my time and money, as have others now into UnityHQ maintaining the website, forum, downloads and gameservers and as my free time isn't what it used to be.

I need to know if it is still time well spend on the above.

Eliteone

This also went out as an email today.

Hi E1! It's been a long time.
My brother ({SFI} LaziEye) and I (ErraticPing) played a ton of Nolf2 back in the day, and loved the friendliness of the community you created. We once sent a small donation to Belladonna for server costs as a token of our appreciation.

It's been a few years since we tried playing. IIRC, we had trouble finding other players on the servers. We should try connecting again. What a great game.

We appreciate the effort you and other community members have put into running the servers and maintaining the website and community, and would like to help out, to the extent we can. If you email me at webyrd@gmail.com, maybe we can work out some level of ongoing support.

Eliteone,

They should give you a medal for all your hard work and dedication. You're an example for many of us. I definitely would like to get into NOLF more nowadays. What do you people play most? Nolf1 or Nolf2 ? Also, how much funding do you exactly need for this community? (Servers, domains, webhost, licenses, etc)

Kind regards,

FI Genesis (SaD AbDuL)

• Like 1

I have not played any Nolfs on line since 2003 but have found lots of fun with the single player versions lately and found this site so handy for the fixes, patches etc. etc.

I would sure ate to see her go. :c-1:

Hi E1! I just donated $200 on behalf of me and LaziEye. Thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 1

Hi E1! I just donated $200 on behalf of me and LaziEye. Thanks for all your hard work!

I've been pleasantly surprised at the mostly positive responses to my email :)

All of you who have pitched in have helped lots. It was good to read how much people appreciate the site and servers.

I pleased to announce to that due to the generosity the webhosting is now paid up through almost the end of 2016. So the downloads etc. will be here for quite some time to come.

We have also made a significant dent in future server goals.

All of you who have stepped up are awesome people.!!!! :fit:

• Like 1

Wow, I haven't been on this website in quite some time so I decided to check today if it was still around. Glad you are, it's awesome you've been able to keep this up. Kudos to everyone who contributed and to Eliteone for running it all. I'm gonna try and download everything to play within the next few days, hopefully I'll see you all soon.

I started college a year ago so that has kept me off the online servers. But i still play when I need a good distraction from my studies. Thank you for keeping the site around.

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate all the feedback and responses.

I want to put this out there now .

What would you like to see on this site?

Expanding to other games? for example.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.