A few DEDIT questions

I'm working on a few maps right now.one i might release if people like it and a few I'm working on just for myself.I have a few questions.hopefully i can get some help on these.

1.i would like to make a radio playing a custom .wav i selected with the ability to turn it off and on with a switch.I got the .wav to play in the area i want but how do i make a switch to turn it on and off?

2.I would like to make a bot that attacks on sight.i followed the directions in the Dedit .doc but when i test the game and walk close to it,it always"begs for his life"can someone explain how to set up a bot and maybe some tips about AI behaviors in general ?

3. how do i rez maps for DM? and how do i set them up in my nolf2 folder so i can play the final map online?last time i processed my map i put it in my customs folder and when i tried to select my map in the actual game to play online it somehow turned into the demolition mod.even though the rez file was my map in the customs folder.(hope that makes sense).Also any tips or steps i should take before rezzing a map?

thanks

3- Working on a rezzing turorial which will cover using the command line interface and attaching custom content as well...

2- AI will only go as far as the area covered by the AIVolume box. Give them a weapon that they can use for sure (ex: Harm guard doesn't know what to do with a rocket launcher.) If you want them to pull out a gun before using it, select HolsterWeapon. Both weapon selections and holstering options are available under the Attachments property of an AI (CAI Human).

Now if you want them to shoot from the AIVolume box (not leave it), then you would select ViewMaster as the Brain of an AI (this is what I used for the Cable Car Chaos co-op map- will be available in the next mod) You will need to get their attention first, then they start shooting.

If you place 'nodes' within the AIVolume, they may use them, but they may not stay there, they will keep moving.

1- Not sure how to do that, but it can be done!

For the radio, just use a prefab radio, disconnect it and replace the standard music with your own.

I don't have that much experience with AI yet, but if you set them to patrol, they should respond to any sounds you make.

(And why not share all of your maps? You greedy bastard! tongue.gif )

Hey thanks guys.uuum,i'm still a little confused about rezzing though.heres what i do.I make a "mymap.rez" file. then i rename it to "DM_mymap.rez and put it in my custom folder.next I load up nolf2 ,click multiplayer at the title screen and choose "host"i look at all the maps to choose from(kios japan unityhq etc.)looking for "mymap.rez".instead i get "demolition". blink.gif

(And why not share all of your maps? You greedy bastard!  tongue.gif    )

Yeah i'm greedy! laugh.gif .actually the first 2 maps i'm making are concept maps.like the 1st one is a replica of my old apartment i used to live in.its actually a lame map unless you know where you are so i don't think anyone would enjoy it.the second one is just..................wrong......WAY WRONG! i would love to release it because its actually a neat stage, but its sooooooo wrong ,it makes san andreas "hot coffee" look like super mario bros.If anyone under 18 were to get their hands on it i would go to hell! eek.png

But the third stage that i'm making is intended for release,because it is actually set up for gameplay.but so few people play custom maps,I feel like I might be to late to release it now anyway. sad.gif

It should still be there. Right-click on your DM_mymap.rez and click on 'properties' to check the file size (should be a few hundred K to a few or more MBs), it could be that it didn't rez right.

Or, maybe your rez file is not in the Resource folder?

how to rez tutorial

You can use the radioprefab in nolf2, but this won't work in CJ..Had to make my own there.. Let me know if you need it and I'll send it to you smile.gif

A good tip about AIs/bots would be to check the AI referance lta/ltc files located in the project directory.. You'll figure out a lot how they work there smile.gif

I would have got back to you guys sooner but my connection was out for a few days.Anyway,i got the radio working and i rezzed it up successfully.Thanks to all 3 of you guys for helping me out! wink.gif I also learned a lot from your old postings at other sites smile.gif

the second one is just..................wrong......WAY WRONG! i would love to release it because its actually a neat stage, but its sooooooo wrong ,it makes san andreas "hot coffee" look like super mario bros.If anyone under 18 were to get their hands on it i would go to hell! eek.png

10483[/snapback]

O.o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...