Want to make a map...

You mean what it should be about? There are several ways to get your ideas:

1. A setting

Choose a location anywhere in the world and try to build that (the simplest kind of idea to start with). Maybe something from the World Heritage List? Or some place you visited? Something you've read about and you're fascinated with? Maybe just simply a building style you'd like to explore? (Preferably something that can be done with the textures available in NOLF, of course.)

2. A layout

Do you want to make an arena, narrow alleyways, something vertical with steps and ladders? A certain number of routes to go around? Corners and doors to set traps. This can guide your design as well.

3. Gameplay

Do you want to do something with AI? Something under water? In space without gravity? Something with lots of snowmobiles? Something with lots of keyframes? (usually for the more advanced mappers)

With 2 and 3 the setting usually follows from the kind of idea you're trying to build (an arena would for example logically lead to the Coliseum, a sports stadium, or something like that). I personally prefer settings that fit in the NOLF universe, but of course you can choose any location from any timeframe, fictional or realistic.

Hope that helps. biggrin.gif

that was beautiful Goo...i want to cry tongue.gif

btw CC, no1 is really gonna give u an idea on a map, maps come from the minds of the creators, so it lets us see how creative u r wink.gif

the other mappers in the community will just add our two cents once u think u r close to finished, like we did with Goo's map wink.gif

well of course there r some awesome ideas floating around, but its better when ppl come up with their own, b/c the way a person sees it that comes up with it, is never how it is made, but ideas work sumtimes cuz ppl can run with them...

Is it possible to make a map for example in the "jungle" ..?

Or a map totally under water? But then you need a diving suit hehe, I dunno anything about this but it would be cool.

Or a snowmap where it actually fall snowflakes from the air, a lot of flakes so u barely see anything in front of you smile.gif Or maybe in a Hockey arena! That would be awesome..With dressingrooms, the rink etc....

Is it possible to make a map for example in the "jungle" ..?

Or a map totally under water? But then you need a diving suit hehe, I dunno anything about this but it would be cool.

Or a snowmap where it actually fall snowflakes from the air, a lot of flakes so u barely see anything in front of you  smile.gif  Or maybe in a Hockey arena! That would be awesome..With dressingrooms, the rink etc....

9576[/snapback]

Any of the winter maps has the option for snowflakes to fall as you play if you leave your video settings accordingly. As far as the hockey arena, its already been done for NOLF1 (as I am sure you already know), and the ST THunderdome, has the same idea but with a basketball court.

It has...

2 locker rooms

3 tiers of seating

2 hallways,

A scoreboard hanging from mid-court (which you can enter)

Catwalks above the arena floor, etc,etc

We need Pepper to put down his geeky lightsaber, and finish this awesome map so we can ask E1 to get rid of Siberian )(*&)(^ Strife, and replace it with this! pant pant pant pant pant

Thanks for all of your help Sonic! Well ive kinda changed my mind about makingt a NOLF1 map. Im going to make a NOLF2 DD map. Its going to be of a Oasis in a hot desert. I will make sure to give you all the link when its done wink.gif

9652[/snapback]

been done before wink.gif DM_Oasis it's in most of the mappacks that are out there

KNIX' date='Aug 1 2005, 06:17 PM']

Any of the winter maps has the option for snowflakes to fall as you play if you leave your video settings accordingly. As far as the hockey arena, its already been done for NOLF1 (as I am sure you already know)

Nope, didnt know about the hockey arena, it must have been groovy!

dude that was mighty fast...i dont know how good of a map can be made that fast...but hey, ill check it out for u...

and moody, Guns & Hockeypucks is the map in nolf1 that is a hockey arena...its a pretty fun map...even has a movin zamboni