Server Maps -update

Eliteone

I'm looking to add THIS mappack to the server this week.

If you have a particular favourite map you'd like to see on the server please post it's name below. If you have any feedback in general post that too ;)

• 1 month later...

I use a mappack that you can find here: http://www.dpvqb.com/nolf but I think there is one even newer (and bigger) - from 2009 - but I can't find it in my old files. A few of the maps in this big mappack are buggy but most are ok. Since we can have only 50 maps rotating in the server list, there are plenty of good maps to choose that are not buggy. I chose to run mostly the smaller and brighter (not dark) maps. But it is rare to see people joining to play the custom maps.

Well, but the reason I am posting this is about your server, your NOLF server. It has a problem, IMO. The problem is that rockets, grenades, arrows are too fast, almost instantaneous. Everything that depends on time seems to be too fast. For instance, if you dive in water, your oxygen will ran out too fast too. So you can't take a dive in The Pad's pool, which is frustrating because sometimes it is too hot and I need to swim there a little to cool down. :- Also, instantaneous arrows, grenades and rockets. They spoil my ability to dodge them. :-

I don't know exactly why this problem happens but I believe it happens when you run the NOLF server in a 64-bit environment. When I tried to run my servers in my new computer (64-bit Windows 7), I had the same problem. I then created a virtual machine with 32-bit WinXP in it to run the servers and it DID NOT solve the problem.

That made me fix my very old computer (Pentium III), that runs a REAL 32-bit Windows XP and the servers now run fine.

There are speed setting for those that can be edited. I'll research it and see what I can fine tune.

There are speed setting for those that can be edited. I'll research it and see what I can fine tune.

Did you find a way to lower the speed of "things" in NOLF?

Although my servers are fine, if I knew a way to speed it down a little more, I would do it. There is this server that I can't even pronounce its name, hirnschwund.net I think, and I noticed that it has even lower speeds than mine (and I read it runs in Linux!). For instance, when I go to the pool in THE PAD, the oxygen last longer than if I do the same in my server, which, IMO, makes sense because, for instance, when I set the time for a map change to 60 minutes, my servers will change the map after around 40 minutes, which proves that "things" are still accelerated in my servers. I'd like to find the sweet spot where the server would change/rotate the maps every 60 minutes if it is set to 60 minutes. This would bring the speed of "things" to its designed values.

I do like rockets, arrows and grenades a bit slower, makes the fight much funnier and fair, since these weapons are already too powerful and if they are too fast, it becomes totally unfair against the other weapons.

• 4 weeks later...

A player called *Djamba taught me a way to control the speed of those projectiles. I was able to 'fine-tune' the speeds of rockets, grenades and arrows to what I call "designed speed", i.e., the speed the NOLF coders wanted them to have.

Edited by rookie

A player called *Djamba taught me a way to control the speed of those projectiles. I was able to 'fine-tune' the speeds of rockets, grenades and arrows to what I call "designed speed", i.e., the speed the NOLF coders wanted them to have.

Can you send me that information via personal message?