NOLF 2 Sound Issue

Hi -- I'm having an issue where pretty much the only sound that works is the music, none of the dialogue, none of the cutscenes have any sound at all.

I'm running the game on Windows 7 64 bit, but have already tried several steps to fix it, none of which seemed to have worked
I've reinstalled the game several times; both in program files and in it's own folder on my drive -- I've tried the 1.3 patch, running everything as administrator & running it in compatibility mode. Nothing seems to have had any success; was hoping someone whose already fixed the problem could perhaps give me some more insight into where I might be making mistakes.

Thanks,
Rabidclam.

It made no noticeable difference, still missing the cutscene and dialogue audio -- I also tried restarting it to see if maybe it needed a restart for the "low" change to take effect, but it sadly was not the case.

I typically run my sound via USB through my keyboard -- would it be better to use my motherboard's on board sound?

It's worth a try for this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had the exactly same problem - no sound except for music.

In the launcher's Advanced Options, I checked the Disable Sound Filters box (as well as Disable H/W Sound), and the sound is working now. I also installed the 1.3 patch, so I'm not 100% sure whether it was the Sound Filter disable or the 1.3 patch which solved the problem, but I expect it was the former.

Try it and see ...