using blender to create landscape

Hi,

a few questions.

I tried to import a landscape via blender as a .obj file to dedit, but it did not work. Has anyone used it and knows how it works? Or do i have to use maya,3dsmax, milkshape etc? Very cheap programs and i am no student...

The second question is how i create a background as a surrounding pic in a map (f.e. a landscape, buildings, hills).

My aim is to get a perfection in my maps that´s on Sgt Peppers level (long way lol). :s134:

i use 3ds max 7 for all my mapping

when it comes to making a landscape, i use a 3d OBJ Screenshot ripper. I use the "Auto Landscape" Function of Trackmania Sunrise/United, dump it with textures, and build on it :P

i need to get my 3ds max reinstalled, but i might post how to rip Source Engine models today

Edited by supercarz1991

Ok, thanks. I will try out milkshape, blender and maya. Will take some time loool. Blender is good because it is free and many youtube videos. When trying to import a terrain (as a world obj file) dedit crashes. 3ds max yeah.... I dont have it.

Ok, thanks. I will try out milkshape, blender and maya. Will take some time loool. Blender is good because it is free and many youtube videos. When trying to import a terrain (as a world obj file) dedit crashes. 3ds max yeah.... I dont have it.

3ds max 7 is VERY hard to find as is AliasWaveFront Maya 5.0. I have both ;)