Still waiting for NOLF3...

HexTheRex

Hello guys. It has been 10 years and still no info about sequel to this fantastic game. Do you think it's still possible that we someday get one? :) Remember, also Mafia got sequel almost 10 years after 1st part...

Getting a sequel to a game that is 10 years old or older is pretty unlikely and we haven't heard any news or hints about there being a Nolf 3. To make things worse, Monolith and Sierra split and I think Sierra has the rights to the Nolf series so even if for some reason they decided to try and revive this long old, ultimately unpopular series (you can thank Contract Jack for that), it would be a lot different from the previous ones.

There also isn't much to build on because most of H.A.R.M's leaders and bases were either killed, destroyed/damaged, or quit/became good. The only big bad that remains is the director which doesn't seem like much of a threat by himself (although in chapter 14 an intelligent item hinted about him having an Australian that he thinks he should of sent in to kill Cate instead of Pierre the Mime King).

You are probably better off thinking that we will never get a new Nolf game so you aren't dissappointed and if one does come out by some miracle then we will all be overjoyed.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost 10 years went when new F1 game came out on Pc... New company made it, Codemasters. Also Mafia got sequel almost 10 years after the first part. Doom 2 got sequel Doom 3 10 years later (and will continue in future too...), if those games even can be compared with each other. But those games were actually announced a lot before, and no news have been heard of NOFL3. Lets at least hope that someone gets idea to make a game like this in future, that's based on this fantastic series...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wish there would be a third game, Cate Archer is the ultimate babe. To hell with Lara Croft, she's nothing more than a clown. Cate is an improved version of Emma Peel, and NO real man wouldn't fall for her, I'd give you that. I have an idea, though. What if Monolith makes a deal with Valve to work on NOLF3? That would be awesome. The classic Monolith VG's gameplay are similar to Valve's, they can really do it, in my opinion, and I know Gabe Newell would deliver us one hell of a title. So, why not suggesting Valve to publish the game? NOLF fans are dying for it, how many of us are there? THOUSANDS!!! So, let's have a third installment in the series, because I miss those old shooters, and NOLF was a unique one, very unique one.

Maybe its not made because Monolith has the right to develop the game, (and by far hasnt made an game in many years that has been a topseller), and Seirra (or who owns that company now), owns the right to distribute the game.

Just like the dispute between Irrational games and EA with System Shock series.

I think it'll be hard to get a NOLF3, but it's inevitable. We WILL get a third installment in the series, perhaps it's just in "development hell" period, something like Perfect Dark: Zero (treason for classic shooters), Duke Nukem Forever (failure), Soldier of Fortune: Payback (total utter COD clone), and many other "revival" games failed to approach. But NOLF3 will succeed, because Monolith doesn't double cross its fans, they are just waiting for the most appropriate moment to announce the IP's existence, perhaps. I think we have the same situation with I.G.I. 3 to come. Yes, Codesmasters betrayed us but perhaps someone else would do the developing and hand the IP to someone else, someone would know how to deliver an awesome stealth-based FPS game.