How to Install NOLF to 64 bit Windows Vista or Windows 7

You must deal with a lot of stupid people. I'm not one of them. Nevermind it.

Ouch.

Going on the information you presented. So in troubleshooting with basic information you start at the beginning with the troubleshooting.

So now that my question to you was so graciously answered.

Have you tried playing the game in windowed mode? (This has fixed the issue for some)

• 4 months later...

Worked great on my daughter's asus subnotebook - except her NOLF2 was loaded in the plain Program Folder directory (not x86) so I altered the reg file accordingly. Started up just fine. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem guys. I installed NOLF 1 GOTY using this introduction http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2012/05/23/no-one-lives-forever/

And i'm also using the NOCD-Patch since i've had the problem that the game isn't recognizing the CD.

Now, when i start, it immediatly crashes with the message "no one lives forever client mfc application has stopped working"

Does someone know this?

System is Win 8.1 N 64

I have a problem guys. I installed NOLF 1 GOTY using this introduction http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2012/05/23/no-one-lives-forever/

And i'm also using the NOCD-Patch since i've had the problem that the game isn't recognizing the CD.

Now, when i start, it immediatly crashes with the message "no one lives forever client mfc application has stopped working"

Does someone know this?

System is Win 8.1 N 64

I run mine in compatibility mode on my Windows 8.1 Pro (I used the Windows 7 mode) and it works fine. You can even use the XP mode. Problem is the game wants admin level functions that Windows 8.1 doesn't allow by default.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, compability mode doesn't help, still same error message...

Can you post a screenshot of the error message and the path where NOLF installed at?

Lots of people have put effort into various installers and the only method that works for me so far on Win 7 x64 is copying the cd contents to a directory on the hard drive and running it directly from there, without any compatibility mode.

I used the 64 bit patch installer (1-3 combined) and then the official patch 4 and it's odd that the game intro screen shows V1.0 as per the screenshot.

Also, I tried the no cd patch as, even though I own the original game, it's a lot easier not having to grab the cd every time, but the no cd patch always comes up with 'no game resources found' error, so I have to play with the cd in all the time.

One other method would be to iso the cd, mount it, install from mount.

For the resolution I changed the screenwidth and height in the autoexec.cfg to 1920 and 1080 which works fine. I'm still puzzled about the game version though and will install on another pc just to test it out again.

nolf1-intro_zps3uxrevy0.jpg

Lots of people have put effort into various installers and the only method that works for me so far on Win 7 x64 is copying the cd contents to a directory on the hard drive and running it directly from there, without any compatibility mode.

I used the 64 bit patch installer (1-3 combined) and then the official patch 4 and it's odd that the game intro screen shows V1.0 as per the screenshot.

Also, I tried the no cd patch as, even though I own the original game, it's a lot easier not having to grab the cd every time, but the no cd patch always comes up with 'no game resources found' error, so I have to play with the cd in all the time.

One other method would be to iso the cd, mount it, install from mount.

For the resolution I changed the screenwidth and height in the autoexec.cfg to 1920 and 1080 which works fine. I'm still puzzled about the game version though and will install on another pc just to test it out again.

nolf1-intro_zps3uxrevy0.jpg

You can also pick up the GOTY edition of NOLF which is compatible with 64 bit operating systems.

• Like 1

I'll keep my eyes open for that.

In the meantime, yesterday I ran the game on Win 8 x64 from a USB 3 pendrive and it played just great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Attempting to install NOLF 1 GOTY from mounted ISOs. From what I've gathered from this forum (particularly this thread), the GOTY edition shouldn't require much, if any, additional tweaking post-install outside optional stuff like the widescreen fix. Trouble is, after installing the GOTY edition, I'm getting the tiny-black-box problem I've seen mentioned many times here, along with the message "Client MFC Application has stopped working".

For reference, I'm running Win7 Professional x64. The GOTY edition supposedly handles 64-bit systems gracefully, but my experience is anything but. Am I missing something here?

Attempting to install NOLF 1 GOTY from mounted ISOs. From what I've gathered from this forum (particularly this thread), the GOTY edition shouldn't require much, if any, additional tweaking post-install outside optional stuff like the widescreen fix. Trouble is, after installing the GOTY edition, I'm getting the tiny-black-box problem I've seen mentioned many times here, along with the message "Client MFC Application has stopped working".

For reference, I'm running Win7 Professional x64. The GOTY edition supposedly handles 64-bit systems gracefully, but my experience is anything but. Am I missing something here?

Never tried it from mounted ISOs but as long as it's being installed with administrative rights it should work.

Never tried it from mounted ISOs but as long as it's being installed with administrative rights it should work.

Wish it did. Something appears to be going wrong when the launcher hands off to lithtech.exe. I don't suppose you've any experience with the Client MFC error? I only saw one topic on that particular error, and it appears to be unresolved.

Edited by Trigger

• 2 months later...

Been having issues trying the get the NOLF Launcher to even come up on at Windows 7 64-bit box with an NVIDIA GTX 750Ti. I'm going to try the multiplayer launcher as recommended by other posters.