Worth playing?

I've heard mixed things about this game, Contract J.A.C.K., and I am wondering, is it worth getting and playing? What are the pros? What are the cons? Well, as far as I heard, there is no Agent Archer... :( Anyway, is it worth getting, and is it still supported online? Should I complete the Nolf series? Even though I have heard from some this part the series can do without?

I've heard mixed things about this game, Contract J.A.C.K., and I am wondering, is it worth getting and playing? What are the pros? What are the cons? Well, as far as I heard, there is no Agent Archer... :( Anyway, is it worth getting, and is it still supported online? Should I complete the Nolf series? Even though I have heard from some this part the series can do without?

It had mixed reviews. You are right, except for a brief "cameo" there is not Agent Archer in the game. It was entertaining though and adds to the NOLF "story"

There are no problems with job of servers Contract J.A.C.K.

Now work 2 Russian DM-server Contract J.A.C.K. One server has the classical 20 maps.

Second server has new 12 maps which you can take, for example, here

http://ura.exofire.net/index.php?site=files&file=60

After 4 pm european time, the French server with classical maps and, sometimes, the Swedish server with new maps from EMM@PEEL joins

Edited by orion98

• 1 year later...

Well Contract Jack has the same graphics engine as NOLF 2 and the weapons are similar, but there is no stealth or as many fun puzzles, or that good of a plot and it emphasizes more on killing a lot by brute force. It seemed more boring than Nolf 1 and 2 to me but if you like average shooter games then you might like it. It's much shorter than Nolf 1 or 2 though. There's not many good mods for the Contract either (just some more multiplayer maps, additional skins and a few new vehicles which is useless without multiplayer) whereas Nolf 2 has several including some additional single player missions and Nolf 1, well there's a lot if you know where to look (I found a ton on other websites that are now shut down and I'm seeing if Eliteone will put some of them up on this site).

For both Nolf games and Contract Jack, the official monolith servers for Nolf 1, 2 and Contract Jack are shut down so multiplayer won't work by default. If you want to use a different server, you have to install a mod or find a way to connect to another one. Here at UnityHQ there is a LivesForever mod for Nolf 2 only which makes you connect to the Unity HQ servers so you can play multiplayer with Nolf 2 but currently there is usually no one on. Whenever I connect, I'm lucky if I find 1 or 2 people on any of the servers.

Edited by CoLdOwN

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Contract Jack authenticates via Gamespy so there is no "Monolith" master server for it.

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, nekonomeowcon said:

It has good music in it, but the game itself very boring and primitive.

It was an attempt to be more "mainstream" with the franchise which didn't hit off well with fans.

• 3 weeks later...

I played Contract Jack many years ago.

Now, I'm playing NOLF2 for the first time.

I can absolutely say, CJ isn't a NOLF game. It is really different thing.

Just Another Crappy Killer. :)

But Italy soundtrack is very good indeed.

Edited by TechnoStyle

• 3 years later...

I find it not really as much fun as NOLF and NOLF2. It seems like one of this not another sequel nights from Disney lol I go back to NOLF2 now lol