How to play NOLF 2 Multiplayer now that the master server is shutdown

may i know where to look out for the active server ip?

i tried the original ip & the one posted in the image but shows no game.

also do we still need the cd key since sierra server is no longer there.

You can get the active server list by either using the Multiplayer Launcher or join by IP tools located in the downloads section.

I got the URA launcher that shows active servers, just wondering the maps most of them are original or i can get it from the map pack sections here?

You can get the active server list by either using the Multiplayer Launcher or join by IP tools located in the downloads section.

The Unityhq mappacks contain all the custom maps we are currently running on the UHQ servers.

Here's some update. I restarted so many times to try different server and found out i manage to join a few, but just crashes with the rest, and when i refresh the server list again i can see my player name there particularly {U}NOLF2 Community unityhq.net DD_THEPAD, i never managed to get in without crashing at the loading... screen.

However i manage to join the DM_01, cs01s01 but usually i crash the 1st time and when i enter i can see my phantom in there.

My Ping is around 200-300, would this cause the game to crash?

Just want to know if i did it right & whether it's just my internet connection causing the crash.

FYI I'm using URA launcher, LivesForever rez activated.

I installed both Unity DM & DD mappack to root game -> Custom -> Resources

Edited by papaya

Have you installed all the official mappacks?

One of them added the Doomsday gametype (the map you are crashing on is a doomsday map)

I actually got both unitymappack one is dm one shows dd, i managed to enter both dd & dm maps but just that map i can't. Also i had to try like average 2-3 times before i can enter and each time i fail i see a phantom of myself in the server.

I'm guessing my bad latency might have caused the crash?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I can't seem to connect with a server even though I appear to be doing everything right. I installed the "LiveForever" mod in the right place and it is checked and shows in the "Custom" area. I also have the current maps mod installed. When I see that there is at least 1 person on a given server (that uses the "LiveForever" mod) I get a window saying "unable to connect to component" and "ServerDir.dll" not found" The servers I try say "cooperative"

HELP!!! LOL Radioguy

Hi

I can't seem to connect with a server even though I appear to be doing everything right. I installed the "LiveForever" mod in the right place and it is checked and shows in the "Custom" area. I also have the current maps mod installed. When I see that there is at least 1 person on a given server (that uses the "LiveForever" mod) I get a window saying "unable to connect to component" and "ServerDir.dll" not found" The servers I try say "cooperative"

HELP!!! LOL Radioguy

Which tool are you using to try to connect to the servers?

Hi

I just tried IP2 program and it's doing the same thing. Don't understand it ..the game is running perfectly on it's own. Even though there isn't anyone else on the server i would think that I could still get into it. The message reads..."the app failed to start because ServerDir.dll was not found". I have the LivesForever' mod in.

Radioguy

Hi

I just tried IP2 program and it's doing the same thing. Don't understand it ..the game is running perfectly on it's own. Even though there isn't anyone else on the server i would think that I could still get into it. The message reads..."the app failed to start because ServerDir.dll was not found". I have the LivesForever' mod in.

Radioguy

What version does your main NOLF2 screen say you have?

forgot to ask.....which mods and map packs should I use? Also any other files you would recommend...LOL

THANKS!!! Radioguy

ALSO.... could you PLEASE give me the procedure for installing updates (REZ.files) I used to be very good at all this but it's been many years. I just tried to update the program to version 1.3 but it's not working. thanks again

Edited by radioguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello to all, im so glad i found this community i was playing nolf game of the year edition the other day and found my nolf2 game yesterday i have good memories playing that yrs ago but,...no multi player now i found out that they stopped the main server.

i love to get back online,i've read the topic but just like radio guy i would like to know what the best way forward is do i need the latest version of the game or not and which maps do i or should i install to get the best/most servers thx i hope for a quick reply so i can join you guys online! thx

Frank.

i wish some one would reply to this !

i have mappack and the 1.3 version, ip tool and the other join multi player plus the livesforever mod installed when i start the game i have the custom button and checked the box livesforever,then get the server list i choose a lets say dm server livesforever mod ,then i get a new little window of that server which should say who is in there ect but it is empty ,so no players i press play and the whole thing shuts off whats going on? plz help cos its doing my head in, could someone plz maybe "elite" do a new summary of what to do and in what order to install things and where cos i've read thru the posts and one person say install things on \D drive ,then an other thing in root folder then again something else , an other thing when should the join by ip tool show up cos it doesnt. i just wanna play not spend hrs trying to put things in folders thx !!

Edited by opa

After you follow the steps for setting up the LivesForever mod you'll need to use either Ura's multiplayer launcher or Sasser's Join by IP tool to connect to the servers,

They are additional programs that need to be downloaded and installed. They can be found in our downloads section.

yes i have them both if i use ura's , i select the server click play and nothing happens infact the programm switches off .if i use join by ip i get invalid cd key.

also i went thru the read me file for the join by ip tool it says fill in the password when server is locked but the tool doesnt say if it is locked.

i read the forums topic and i see people say " i've sorted it " but it would be nice if the would say how they've sorted it!

im at the point of giving up and delete the game again and try in 10 yrs time orso

i have the 1.3 version ,the official mappacks 1 and 2 ,the livesforever mod,and both the multiplayer launchers.do i need more mods do i miss files ? i dont know ,all i can say is that i now have the screen option as in the original multiplayer screen which says deathmatch doomsday ect , thx for your patience and understanding.

oh and yes i've selected the livesforever mod.and is there a way of putting the cd key/code in,... the thing is it didnt ask for it when i installed it the first time.

maybe a instruction /manual would be nice, a how to manual for the post sierra era would help thx frank.

When you installed the program originally you entered a CD key right?

Instructions to setup Livesforever mod

Youtube video walkthrough of setting it up (it's also on our main website page)

no i didnt thats what i said it didnt ask for it when i installed the game , i think you only had to do that when joining multiplayer cant remember really is there another way to put the cd key in in some folder?

Can you post a screenshot showing your issue? It would help me to troubleshoot it with you better.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Thank you for the great work you do in running these forums and making these tools. I'm having an issue though in trying to host my own game. My bro and I want to play coop (especially using the converted single player levels) but the available server is too far away from our location so there's a lot of lag and the ninjas keep teleporting and killing us. So we tried to host the game ourselves using the in-game host server option.

However no matter which of us hosts it won't let us join the server then and it just says "unable to join game session".

We are using the livesforever plus mod and then joining the game with the join by IP tool (which finds the hosted game alright it seems). The server doesn't show up on the in-game list, so maybe this is indicative that there's a problem somewhere.

I have opened ports 28888 and 28889 on my router to host the game, but that makes no difference (even tried switching off the firewall temporarily to see if that worked). Do the ports need to be open on the router at both locations or just where the game is being hosted? Because we are at two different locations.

Oh and we're both patched up to 1.3, both have unpacked the singleplayer maps and copied the relevant text files. And the game runs for whoever the host is, just the other player can't join. Let me know if there's any other info needed.

Also I do have a VPS server running for my company, it's linux based however but if it was possible I'd be glad to install a NOLF 2 server on there. We're big NOLF fans so anything we can help out with to keep playing this game.

Ok So now I tried using URA's server mod. And my server shows up, but it says offline. and if I try and join my own hosted game through this I get the same error message (Unable to join game session). So it has to be something on my side blocking access but I don't know what it could be.

It says the port I'm using is 27888, but what other ports should be open, and is that the inbound or outbound port and tcp or udp?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.