How to play NOLF 2 Multiplayer now that the master server is shutdown

wow, yesterday I hade some time to play like 1 map and I really was surprised how many people were actually playing :)

that's really cool!

I see 95% of the last stand Nolfers are euros.

Just a thought..

is it possible to transfer the server...

lets say to London? :unsure:

I'd give that my vote ;)

sounds good ;P

id be happy with that too :P

The cost would go up but I've asked and it can be moved to another location. I have it in New York now.

If we could get more contributions for the server then it could happen.

• 1 year later...

Oh man its been soooo long since I've played NOLF2. Not sure if anyone visits these forums anymore but just in case I was curious if there was any way to host a coop server, since I bought it for my boyfriend for xmas and wanted him to play it with me.

Oh man its been soooo long since I've played NOLF2. Not sure if anyone visits these forums anymore but just in case I was curious if there was any way to host a coop server, since I bought it for my boyfriend for xmas and wanted him to play it with me.

Welcome to the forum. We have a regular group of NOLF2 players who visit daily.

Install NOLF2 to both PCs, get the NO CD file from the downloads and install to both.

Yes it is possible using the livesforever mod from the downloads section and use one PC as the server (non-dedicated)

Then the other PC can connect to it by browsing LAN servers.

Welcome to the forum. We have a regular group of NOLF2 players who visit daily.

Install NOLF2 to both PCs, get the NO CD file from the downloads and install to both.

Yes it is possible using the livesforever mod from the downloads section and use one PC as the server (non-dedicated)

Then the other PC can connect to it by browsing LAN servers.

Alright thanks! I think we're on to something. I've been using this http://sficlan.net/Unityhq/forums/forums/l....php?t2169.html and this video

to try to setup for coop, but I do get that invalid CD error.

I will download the NO CD file right now and will report back!

Thanks for the speedy reply. :D

Alright thanks! I think we're on to something. I've been using this http://sficlan.net/Unityhq/forums/forums/l....php?t2169.html and this video
to try to setup for coop, but I do get that invalid CD error.

I will download the NO CD file right now and will report back!

Thanks for the speedy reply. :D

I also forgot to mention that we are trying internet play, not LAN, so I'm unable to view his PC from in game.

For the NO CD file, is it supposed to finish like 1/4 of the way and then automatically close? That happened for the both of us and we were wondering if that meant it completed or not.

I also get this Error: WS_ServerReq_NoServersSpecified

Ah I miss the simpler days. =/

Edited by NoAngelPain

The master server is shutdown, so you can't use the game menus for playing multiplayer on the internet without a mod called Lives Forever Plus that redirects you to the actual master server used for NOLF 2 (hosted by Elite1, not by Sierra) If you try to open that menus in NOLF 2 without that mod the game tries to connect to the master server and gives you the error WS_ServerReq_NoServersSpecified, so you need to use a external list of servers like GameSpy, GameTracker Lite or JoinByIP (this last is the more used, I usually use GT) About how to play NOLF 2 online using the Lives Forever normal version mod and the JoinByIP tool, you can look at here and follow the steeps written in there... I hope that I helped you (all) ;)

I play NOLF 2 online about 3 or 4 times per weekend, when I can, so I hope see you ingame!!

Edited by Adrian

I also forgot to mention that we are trying internet play, not LAN, so I'm unable to view his PC from in game.

For the NO CD file, is it supposed to finish like 1/4 of the way and then automatically close? That happened for the both of us and we were wondering if that meant it completed or not.

I also get this Error: WS_ServerReq_NoServersSpecified

Ah I miss the simpler days. =/

Need to setup the Livesforever Mod on both machines that way you'll be able to see the one running as a server and connect to it etc.

You extract the NO CD file to you root NOLF2 folder (It replaces the lithtech.exe that installs with the game)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey DoTheJoy,

Be sure to have done these things before you play online:

1.) Patch 1.3

2.) official Mappack 01 and 02

3.) UnityHQ Community Mappack ( + Bollywood and UnityHQ)

4.) Lives Forever Plus Mod

5.) Join by IP Tool

6.) Set "Nolf2.exe", "Lithech.exe" to "Run as Admin" and "Compatibility Mode WinXP"

Edited by {IF} Crusader

I can not install Patch 1.3 and the official Mappack 01&02.

"nolf2 is not installed.Patch aborted." :(

make sure you have your NOLF2 installed to D drive by path D://NOLF2 and use this fix file:

http://noonelivez4eva.narod.ru/fixnolf2/fixnolf2.htm - scroll till the file link - fixnolf2.rar.

extract setup.ilg and a reg file into your installed NOLF 2 (D://NOLF2) and run the REG file. It should now add info to the registry taht the Game is really installed there. Thus, all the updates should work fine.

Edited by {IF} Agent 224

Hi all)

I did everything as you wrote in the statement. Only I did not have a button "custom"((

I hope for your help!

Did anyone address this? If there isn't a custom button showing up make sure you have a 'Custom' folder in your 'No One Lives Forever 2' folder. This is where your mods and resources folders will be going into.

I can not install Patch 1.3 and the official Mappack 01&02.

"nolf2 is not installed.Patch aborted." :(

I'm assuming you have NOLF2 install to a custom directory?

If so you can use the file crusader suggested or if you are comfortable using regedit you can search your Windows registry for the install path (to make sure it matches were it actually is)

search for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2

verify that the path matches were you have it installed. If not you can edit the path to match (again make sure you are comfortable with making Windows registry settings)

I did everything. My game is not licensed

Are you saying you didn't purchase it?

How did you obtain it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.