Contract JACK Multiplayer..?

Hello all...

Long time fan of NOLF series, recently played through CJACK.

Two Things:

First When I try to play Multiplayer I can see one server up, but it doesn't let me join..?

Second... Is there more than one server to play on...If so When and where..:-)

Thanks

KBrooks

Hello all...

Long time fan of NOLF series, recently played through CJACK.

Two Things:

First When I try to play Multiplayer I can see one server up, but it doesn't let me join..?

Second... Is there more than one server to play on...If so When and where..:-)

Thanks

KBrooks

You'll probably need the custommappack, those guys plays a lot of customs maps..

http://odious-things.co.uk/NOLF/CJ_MP_SEPT_07.exe

they also use the pegasus pack:

http://www.spawnsite.net/downloads/?page=d...nal&ext=exe

And there a big chance that they have the weapontest08b mod loaded.

http://ura.ur.funpic.de/download.php?fileID=34

I think there has been only 1 server lately..

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

i guess "unique" players means players with different names? ^^ In that case stats like that would apply to a month of playing for me, if u get my point :lol:

i guess "unique" players means players with different names? ^^ In that case stats like that would apply to a month of playing for me, if u get my point :lol:

Yes, I get your point, sorry but no, unique players = total number of unique IP address's. Too bad that this method isn't very accurate since most players have a dynamic IP, a more accurate method would've been to count the unique CD-Key hash's that are passed to the server :rolleyes:

i got 3 different cd-keys for nolf2 :P ^^ .. well i could reinstall Contract Jack and see if there is something going on in MP :D

atleast unlike nolf2 there is never someone playing the few times i check for active games or they play in a locked server ^^

edit: just played a round cj-deathmatch ^_^ ... 3 players including me. Me and that one "Asesino" guy having a "normal" ping around 140, that third guy "daswad" having a 650 ping or smth, playing on some "Ura funpic de server" (or smth similar) ... It's sad that this is the only server in CJ and it's even lagging terribly. 2-3 Mins all fine, then everyones pings going up to 8000 for like 10-15 seconds.. nice . Seeing that you few left over CJ'ers should rly consider changing over to NOLF2, especially cause there isnt much difference in playing it.

Edited by P!NX

atleast unlike nolf2 there is never someone playing the few times i check for active games or they play in a locked server ^^

Yes and no... I've seen empty servers in NOLF2 too, but not as often. Before writing this, I found 3 servers up in CJ all with players (2, 2 and 4) as of now, 1 server with 3 players.

BTW, I've seen similar statements made about FEAR and NOLF2 :whistle:

edit: just played a round cj-deathmatch ^_^ ... 3 players including me. Me and that one "Asesino" guy having a "normal" ping around 140, that third guy "daswad" having a 650 ping or smth, playing on some "Ura funpic de server" (or smth similar) ... It's sad that this is the only server in CJ and it's even lagging terribly. 2-3 Mins all fine, then everyones pings going up to 8000 for like 10-15 seconds.. nice .

Yes, it's sad that the only servers in CJ are running on home PC's via Cable or ADSL most of the time. My server (the ura.ur.funpic.de server) is far from perfect, it connects via 802.11b > 2 routers > Cable and also shares the line with VoIP, but I'm blaming my WiFi drivers/windows for the unstable pings.

Seeing that you few left over CJ'ers should rly consider changing over to NOLF2, especially cause there isnt much difference in playing it.

If thats the case, then why don't more NOLF2'ers play CJ? CJ has many improvements over NOLF2 (minor and major) that range from fewer map 'glitch's' to a more reliable master server.

If thats the case, then why don't more NOLF2'ers play CJ? CJ has many improvements over NOLF2 (minor and major) that range from fewer map 'glitch's' to a more reliable master server.

see thats what I was thinking i mean CJ has some great maps to it , it seems as if there are even more now then there was the last time I played it,

as for servers there was a guy I knew I'm sure someone in here will remember him he went by wildbill

always had a server up called the same (wild bill's server) can't seem to find what happen to him, he was a good friend in cj

any ways I would very much like to add a server although it would probably only hold 4 maybe as my upload is not that great around 40k i think or 250kbs but if i could get the box put together it would at least add another to the list

And ura thank u for your server. I see its not there a lot the past few days been missing it

I still think CJ is a great online game maybe we could sweet talk Spawn in making even more great maps and

once again bring it back and keep servers even if home ones full :happy1:

see thats what I was thinking i mean CJ has some great maps to it , it seems as if there are even more now then there was the last time I played it,

as for servers there was a guy I knew I'm sure someone in here will remember him he went by wildbill

always had a server up called the same (wild bill's server) can't seem to find what happen to him, he was a good friend in cj

any ways I would very much like to add a server although it would probably only hold 4 maybe as my upload is not that great around 40k i think or 250kbs but if i could get the box put together it would at least add another to the list

And ura thank u for your server. I see its not there a lot the past few days been missing it

I still think CJ is a great online game maybe we could sweet talk Spawn in making even more great maps and

I think it is admirable that you guys want to try and keep a game going that you enjoy. I could be convinced to join on occassion if I knew others were playing. Why not suggest a day/time, and we'll try & muster up some gamers. Many of us have it, and there are some really fun maps and mods in there. We just need to make it easy for people to join. So maybe it would be helpful to put the links to the necessary maps & mods all in one spot. Perhaps we could even try ans schedule a weekly game for starters.

I think it is admirable that you guys want to try and keep a game going that you enjoy. I could be convinced to join on occassion if I knew others were playing. Why not suggest a day/time, and we'll try & muster up some gamers. Many of us have it, and there are some really fun maps and mods in there. We just need to make it easy for people to join. So maybe it would be helpful to put the links to the necessary maps & mods all in one spot. Perhaps we could even try ans schedule a weekly game for starters.

That's good idea. :)

BTW, I've seen similar statements made about FEAR and NOLF2 :whistle:

Yes, i know! There are games out there which always have atleast one crowded server for whichever map you want and with decent pings. But then again those games never have a family-like (this does NOT mean that we have to like each others) community like NOLF2 has, where almost everyone knows everybody. And for me that is also a major reason why i like NOLF2 better than most other FPS MPs

Yes it has many improvements over NOLF2, that's true. But i think the main reason why people prefer NOLF2 to CJ is cause CJ is missing items like: bananas, sleep- and stunnades, beartraps and the utility launcher. Furthermore some of the weaponsounds of CJ simply disturb me. The AK for example sounds way better in NOLF2.

Last but not least i think the whole damage you do with weapons in CJ is somehow bad. Takes ages and tons of ammo until you manage to kill someone. Yesterday i needed more than 2 rounds to kill someone or 2 headshots with shotgun. In NOLF2 you can kill with 6-10 bullets from the ak.

Last but not least i think the whole damage you do with weapons in CJ is somehow bad. Takes ages and tons of ammo until you manage to kill someone. Yesterday i needed more than 2 rounds to kill someone or 2 headshots with shotgun. In NOLF2 you can kill with 6-10 bullets from the ak.

Actually that's pretty common in NOLF2 as well...that happens to me every time I join a European server.

What I can't get past about CJ is the crappy weapon change scheme. Unlike NOLF2, when you scroll through the weapons menu you automatically change weapons when the selection hits the weapon it's on. So when you scroll through, you are constantly changing weapons until you get to the one you want. This makes it nearly impossible to switch between the selected gun and the previous weapon with a button.

I never found a way to turn that off either, so I don't think there's a way around that.

Actually that's pretty common in NOLF2 as well...that happens to me every time I join a European server.

Well that's just partly true. There is this sound that shows you that you have hit your enemy and in NOLF2 no matter if with low or high ping i hear it max 10 times before the enemy falls down (in case i aim very bad and only hit the chest or smth), but yesterday in CJ I emptied my whole ak clip into the body of my enemy probably hitting every 2nd bullet and still i needed another clip to take him down, although (like i said) i was hitting him pretty much all of the time. And some months ago, can be years too, i remember having shot at some player who was afk with a shotgun from point blank range and straight in the head, but it still took 2 shells to take him down :blink:

Hey setting up times and such would be a great idea, and getting the maps and all patchs in a easy location would be very good,

Maybe unity or spawn could add a page just for this,

also I am a web designer and could very easily put something together a site for times and easy links to the downloads,

maybe where all links lead back to these sites, (not hot linking) just pointing people where to go.

Server updates, new servers, and so on , a site just for C.J.

what does everyone think?

ALso I noticed in in the weapons test a cat? what is this cat and what would one do with it other then shoot at it for meoing the whole time? :mellow:

Edited by Shadow