Ok, it's short, but who cares? Why don't most NOLF fans like this game?

After playing Contract Jack, I'd have to say that it is indeed an improvement over NOLF 2. For example, the gun sounds are so much more appropriate than the ones found in NOLF 2. Not only are the sounds better, but the story is more fun than the one in NOLF 2, and it constantly changes. I think they did a great job bringing back some of the old weapons as well as adding new weapons, vehicles, and enemies.

Ok, it's short, but isn't it fun? I'm more addicted to this game than I was to NOLF 2.

Why do most nolf fans not like it? Is it because it doesn't star Cate? It really doesn't matter who it stars because while you're playing, you don't see their body anyway...

So, please tell me why you hate this game.

Not only are the sounds better, but the story is more fun than the one in NOLF 2, and it constantly changes.

did you see any story, except for the texts in the loading screen between missions?

and the only thing that changes are the models of the 500 people you have to shoot every mission :whistle:

did you see any story, except for the texts in the loading screen between missions?

and the only thing that changes are the models of the 500 people you have to shoot every mission :whistle:

The models don't need to change (after all, did they change in NOLF 2?). I love all those enemies sent at you at the same time. It makes it more challenging and fun.

The models don't need to change (after all, did they change in NOLF 2?). I love all those enemies sent at you at the same time. It makes it more challenging and fun.

The point, if you read the latest topic in here, is that it takes out the funny and unique things about NOLF2. If you like CJ better than NOLF2, fantastic. Tell me where are the tags in that game? Where's the gadgets? Swords? How about corny jokes? These are the things that separate NOLF2 from any other game. If you don't care for them, then of course you aren't going to understand why we like NOLF2 better.

I love all those enemies sent at you at the same time. It makes it more challenging and fun.

See, that's just like any other first person shooter. You can get that in Call of Duty or Far Cry or any other classic game. If you don't think NOLF2 is challenging enough, try playing the game on Superspy or something.

Just because some of the weapons and stuff have changed doesn't mean it automatically makes it a better game. ;)

I love all those enemies sent at you at the same time. It makes it more challenging and fun.

yeah it's really challenging the game has an aimbot included which automatically aims on your enemy's chest.

but if you like it, why don't you go and buy Deadhunt

Deadhunt_Screenshot3.jpg

:lol:, there are tons of enemies at a time and no story at all, without an aimbot... really challenging :D

NOTE: the number 972 at the top of the picture indicates the bullets you have left. i guess you can imagine how many enemies you can kill in that game

Edited by john_heatman

First I want to say that CJ isn't neither that bad, neither that good as you two are saying. :) CJ have a story, although not very good as nolf 2 or 1, but it does have some. At 1st I hated the game aswell, after that I have played it and didn't thought it was thast bad, but again, it sucks in many points and 1 of it is the MP part. As for the numerless enemies, you wont get them in CJ if you use atleast some tactic. But if you want that bad to have 55 guys sent at you at the same moment I advise you to take john's proposal. :lol: There for sure you will find enough enemies at the same time all going to get you. :)

Well if you like just killing then CJ is better then NOLF :rolleyes: , but CJ reminds me of any typical fps, where you go around killing lage amounts of enemies just to get to the big boss then kill him. Thus this why not too many nolfers like it.

• 1 year later...

As everyone said here, I don't hate Contract J.A.C.K., but I'm not a fan either, NOLF 1 & 2 had some fun parts the story, the scenes between mission, the intelligence items, the jokes, etc.

The challenge in killing 500 people at the same time doesn't make it any special, but exact the opposite it's the same as all the other FPS games out there. I played a lot of FPS games, but NOLF is still my favorite game of all time.

You know, I take back part of my previous statement about CJ sucking. I still think the single player missions aren't worth squat, but one thing that is always overlooked about that game is the multi-player. If you've never played online with the Pegasus mod in the custom maps, then you can't talk bad it about it just yet. I've seen some pretty cool stuff online with the mod as well as the new and improved engine and newer game resources. I'd even consider reinstalling it if I actually thought there would be a consistent stream of players online, but I know that's not the case nor will it ever be so it still remains tucked away.

• 2 years later...

Contract J.A.C.K. is a half-assed game. Gone are all the little things that separated NOLF1 & 2 from all the other shooters. CJ is a mindless game for one rainy afternoon. Although I did like the ending and the start (where Volkov actually talks and stuff). Overall, I'd give 5/10 to the game, while both NOLF games are 9.5/10 for me.

(this is all for singleplayer only)

• 1 month later...

I agree with everyone that said the story was lacking not what I had expected after playing NOLF 1&2. It is a mindless shooting spree with the depth of a puddle. I was not asking the for Fry Cry level interaction but more could have been done.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I played CJ in one afternoon in its release date, its short, and I wouldnt play it again

the multiplayer is the same of NOLF2, which was a free patch at the time (plus in CJ you have Hydro 2003 and some skins, dont remember if there was any other exclusive map)

also at the time, NOLF2 multiplayer was full of people, and CJ was empty, so people never left NOLF2 to play CJ multiplayer

CJ was fun for the afternoon I played it, only...i give it a 6/10 because it had a nice art style and if you consider it as what it was meant to be, a cheap expansion to NOLF2, isnt that bad

but my opinion is that they shoud have taken 1 more year in development and release it as NOLF3, adding a decent story line, and makes Cate meets JACK at one point of the story and set it in 2 parts, before NOLF2 and after it

NOLF1 = 9.5/10

NOLF2 = 9.0/10

CJ = 6.0/10

• 1 month later...

Basically:

It has the same engine as NOLF 2, but there is no option to play through the game with stealth. You take a few steps and all of a sudden you here something like "YOUR MINE!" and at least 3 guys appear and know where you are even if you take cover before they can see you. Then when you kill them all you go a little farther and the same thing happens again. In NOLF 2 this is like some parts in the Art of Murder and Unity HQ chapters, but there is definitely less enemies and you can usually hide from them somewhere.

Contract Jack also doesn't have any intelligent items or skill point system, far less humor which is more mature, less bosses, is way shorter (the box said 10 new single player levels even though there is 7 chapters which is about or at 12 segments total), and is just repetitive like a lot of other average shooter games.

Also keep in mind that the reason NOLF 2 was made was because of how successful NOLF 1 was (it's the most successful of all 3 games by far). NOLF 2 was still good, but less popular in the general public eye, and Contract Jack was just a bomb. I think either Monolith or FOX also lost the rights to the NOLF series which might be one reason why their servers are shut down so if there was going to be a NOLF 3 to whoever owns it now, it would probably be a lot different from the others.

A lot of games never completely die, which is still why we have a small community here, but this community alone is not enough to generate a reasonable profit off of because it is so small compared to any gaming audience.

Edited by CoLdOwN