Map: The Pad (rebuild)

Oh yeah, I was supposed to add this to the downloads, wasn't I? Oooops! :blush:

I really love how you're bringing NOLF1 maps to the other games, Spawn! Do you plan to make it work for NOLF2 as well? There is just something so darn cool about having the same map for all three games. :D

cool... nice job ,as always spawn,... breeze been buggin me to make the pad a dd map for n2

now if you make a n2 vers and make it a dd game type she will get off my back :P

LOL! we'll see :P

Thanks!

haha...DD version of the pad for nolf2?

thats gotta be near impossible...

well no...

he could get creative, and the gate that goes to the mountain...he could swing it open, and lead it off to another base...

hmmm...this would be pretty cool...

(starsky and hutch voice)

DO IT! :D

• 3 weeks later...

As I said, I tried this map out, and I must say, that you really did a great job rebuilding my favourite nolf1 map :D (ok, I miss the "lipstick-step-on-mine" (the blue one) that's true, but that's cj :lol: )

Bugs? Maybe I found two of 'em

1. I think the proportions in this rebuilt map aren't the same like in the orignial map, this is ok but it makes it impossible to jump from the edge of this platform (screenshot) into the swimming-pool without comitting suicide (this was possible in nolf1)

IPB Image

2. I noticed a strange bounce-off behaviour of grenades. If you throw a grenade from the platform on the stony part of the ground (1 on screenshot), then the grenade bounces-off almost as high as u are, standing on the platform , while it bounces-off just a bit if you throw it on the grass (2 on screenshot). This is cool, but what I think should be fixed is following bounce-off behaviour: if you throw a nade into the pool from the "springboard" it bounces-off almost back to u, although the distance from the "springboard" to the ground of the pool is much bigger than the distance from the platform to the ground (screenshot no.2 ).

IPB Image

Now my proposal: Make the Bounce-off-behaviour of the ground of the swimming-pool just like the bounce-off-behaviour of the grass, if this is possible, cause its nonsense that nade's even bounce-off in water. It made me laugh, when the nade even came back to me standing on the springboard :laugh:

I'll play it again later and tell you if I find more strange things like this. :D

Awesome info suglylinni :D

I'll look into it, thanks :)

But getting the proportions exactly the same is very difficult concidering,

different playerheight and jumpheight..

yeah, I guessed so, why not just "simply" make the pool a bit longer :lol:

about 5 hours of betatesting! not bad :D hehe

I'm glad you liked it :)

Now let's get it done! I expect it by dinner. :P

when do you eat? lol

Knix' date='Apr 17 2006, 09:05 PM' post='52192']

Cool map. I tested it out with Mari and the gang last night. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG :P..

Good work!

Mwahaha, I heard that one more than once yepp. I propose we move all regular DD games to my own undedicated server so everyone has an unbearable lag... If we can't all be happy then we should all be unhappy. :D

Anyhow new round of betatesting complete and we found more bugs (sending ya a PM about them Spawn)... Looking forward to the third version (shall we say in three hours? :P)

Mwahaha, I heard that one more than once yepp. I propose we move all regular DD games to my own undedicated server so everyone has an unbearable lag... If we can't all be happy then we should all be unhappy. :D

Anyhow new round of betatesting complete and we found more bugs (sending ya a PM about them Spawn)... Looking forward to the third version (shall we say in three hours? :P)

3 hours?? wow

I'll see what I can get done tomorrow.. today was wasted on work :rolleyes:

except that I added a secret that I've been thinking about all day..

(rai rai)

I might add. safetynets removes the O2 level if it surrounds water!

And, I'm gonna guess, also stops damage from bullets etc.

It's kinda hard to shoot at yourself though, but it might be.

I shot in the ground with the expl.arrows, I atleast died then :P