About This File
No One Lives Forever Modernizer (v1.005 Modern) by HeyJake
The goal of NOLF Modernizer is to help fix some long standing bugs, and update some more outdated features of the game.
-- How To Install
Place all the files in your No One Lives Forever game directory.
Then launch NOLF.exe, and click "Advanced", and then "Customize".
Simply "Add" the Modernizer.rez file, and check "Always load these rez files", then click "Ok", and launch the game!
It's important that you don't run this mod with any other mods that may have modified the game code.
- Cap framerate during menus and gameplay to 60fps
- Fixed the mouse stutter
- Optimized performance in select cases
- Jukebox to play some of your favourite in-game tunes
- Supports the Game of the Year edition
-- Patch 1
- Fixed a bug with defusing bombs and activating some switches
-- Patch 2
- Added 'NoRawInput' to disable mouse raw input
- Fixed missing continue button on mission summary screen
- Improved loading screen time (...that I broke, oops!)
- Fixed some invisible impassible geometry.
- Added a experimental developer console, can be toggled on/off with tilde. (`~`)
- Fixed a crash in the weapons hotkey screen.
-- Additional Config Commands
We've added new autoexec.cfg commands!
Some of these will show up in your autoexec.cfg as you set them, but if it's missing you can simply add it yourself.
"FramerateLock" - Locks the framerate if the value is 1. (Default is 1)
"ShowFramerate" - Displays the framerate if the value is 1. (Default is 0)
"OldMouseLook" - Uses the old mouse look code if the value is 1. (Default is 0)
"NoFunMenus" - Only displays the default main menu if the value is 1. (Default is 0)
"RestrictCinematicsTo4x3" - Adds black bars onto the sides of cinematics on a non 4x3 resolution, if the value is 1. (Default is 0)
"QuickSwitch" - Instantly switch between weapons, if the value is 1. (Default is 0)
"UIScale" - Scales the in-game HUD. (Default is 0.5)
"UseGotyMenu" - Switch between the original main menu and the GOTY version. (Default is based on your version)
"ConsoleBackdrop" - Swap between 3 different console backdrops: (0) demo, (1) blanktag, and (2) black. (Default is 0)
Most of these commands are also available in their respective options menu.