Perhaps a little strange. [Launching NOLF2 1.3 on Win7]

Hicks

The game is installed successfully, patched to 1.3 and has the map packs installed. The problem is that when running the game - or at least the launcher initially, it shows as an active process in the task manager but doesn't fully load. Once that process is manually ended and the launcher is ran a second time then it works and it is possible to play the game.

Has anyone else encountered this on Win7 and have a way around needing to run once and kill the process before successfully starting the game on a second launch?

I thought maybe using a batch file could do it though I'm unsure of the process to launch *then* end a process and then launch the game a second time to access it all within a batch file.

The game is installed successfully, patched to 1.3 and has the map packs installed. The problem is that when running the game - or at least the launcher initially, it shows as an active process in the task manager but doesn't fully load. Once that process is manually ended and the launcher is ran a second time then it works and it is possible to play the game.

Has anyone else encountered this on Win7 and have a way around needing to run once and kill the process before successfully starting the game on a second launch?

I thought maybe using a batch file could do it though I'm unsure of the process to launch *then* end a process and then launch the game a second time to access it all within a batch file.

Are you running it as administrator? (Right-click, select the run as administrator option)

Other thing is some have to run it in compatibility mode.

Same result when using compatibility modes or running with Admin command on an Admin layer user account.

I tried them before just to be sure.

To be honest I'm more curious if other people have had the same issue? It works, just a little bit more fiddly than it needs to be.

The interesting thing I guess is that it is the second title that does this I've found. Close Combat 3 The Russian Front from 1998 does the same thing.

Same result when using compatibility modes or running with Admin command on an Admin layer user account.

I tried them before just to be sure.

To be honest I'm more curious if other people have had the same issue? It works, just a little bit more fiddly than it needs to be.

The interesting thing I guess is that it is the second title that does this I've found. Close Combat 3 The Russian Front from 1998 does the same thing.

Others have commented that it is picky on newer versions of Windows.

I found that the first time that I try to load a savegame it tends to crash with a Client MFC error but the second time I try to load - then it works successfully. Similar in how it takes the two attempts to get the game to launch initially.

I've just been having a poke around in the game's unpacked files to see if it's possible to do anything about the screen overlays to add in support for 16:9 resolutions.

I found that the first time that I try to load a savegame it tends to crash with a Client MFC error but the second time I try to load - then it works successfully. Similar in how it takes the two attempts to get the game to launch initially.

I've just been having a poke around in the game's unpacked files to see if it's possible to do anything about the screen overlays to add in support for 16:9 resolutions.

I believe URA addressed 16.9 resolutions in the NOLF 2 Launcher he made that we have in the downloads section.