Any way to set gadgets to hotkeys?

I have a problem on Windows 10: I get serious fps drops whenever I use the zoom function of the sniper rifle or if I cycle through my gadgets and weapons and the small icons appear on the center bottom of the screen. The drops when I zoom in I can live with but I'd love to find a way to just get rid of cycling through weapons and gadgets completely. It's just tedius (and on superspy sometimes infuriating) to cycle through everything, it makes the stuff like the lipstick grenade completely useless in a firefight because you simply can't select it fast enough. Is there any way to set some of the gadets to hotkeys?

I have a problem on Windows 10: I get serious fps drops whenever I use the zoom function of the sniper rifle or if I cycle through my gadgets and weapons and the small icons appear on the center bottom of the screen. The drops when I zoom in I can live with but I'd love to find a way to just get rid of cycling through weapons and gadgets completely. It's just tedius (and on superspy sometimes infuriating) to cycle through everything, it makes the stuff like the lipstick grenade completely useless in a firefight because you simply can't select it fast enough. Is there any way to set some of the gadets to hotkeys?

Have you tried playing the game in windowed mode?

Have you tried playing the game in windowed mode?

Yes, I did: my "reward" was bad mouse control paired up with the same fps drops. :( However I could somewhat alleviate the issue by changing some of my hotkeys to frequently used gadgets through the autoexec.cfg and I could also set up custom hotkeys to my F1-F4 keys so it's a lot more manageable now.

This game is in dire need of an updated digital release or an HD remaster. I'd gladly sacrifice my copy of Contract Jack at a WB altar for it. :D

Edited by Zaxx

• 1 year later...

Hey there!

On 7/11/2016 at 3:33 AM, Zaxx said:

However I could somewhat alleviate the issue by changing some of my hotkeys to frequently used gadgets through the autoexec.cfg

Could you explain how to do this? It looks like the keyboard keys are all numbered, with one even saying "##203". I have no idea what that means, haha.